Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing but stetson ads

viclip

Practically Family
RBH thx for posting the great image of the 1952 Stetson Stratoliner/Open Road combo ad.
I'm curious as to the details of the Open Road hat which would have cost $100 back in 1952, if anyone knows...

Now that I'm hooked I've got to find an early 1950s Stetson One-Hundred in 7-5/8 or 7-3/4.
I wonder what a fair price would be in A-1 condition including the original box?

Usual answer = depends.
In pristine condition, the sky is the limit especially if you have a case to go with it with the plastic holders & keys.
I wouldn't part with mine for less than $750 as a set.
You may be able to piece a set together for less.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I was looking up information on the Wilson Clothing Company, Rutland, VT, when I came across this ad. Entire stock of men's hats, 20%--in 1926. That would have been a sale to see!

A

bump with an ad that I believe has been posted before. 1905

bossrawedge_ad.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab
For some reason that ad makes me a bit uneasy and borderline offended. I think it has to do with the history of the part of the country that I live in and the mistreatment of minorities. Or I might just be overly-sensitive. :)

Last edited:

RJR

rclark,I see your point but I'd bet it was done more in the vein of"they hang horse(or Stetson)thieves".

foamy

A-List Customer
rclark,I see your point but I'd bet it was done more in the vein of"they hang horse(or Stetson)thieves".
I agree—it could've been done a bit better, though. Probably should have thought it through with a better headline and/or perhaps some body (sell) copy to avoid any confusion and make a stronger statement.

This is a great thread.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Whippet - Esquire April 1940

Introducing the Whippet, with Mode Edge! April 1940

B

whippet_esquire_april_1940.jpg
just bumping what I feel is the absolute best thread on the forum

no matter how many times I scroll slowly through this thread ... and I bet it is close to 100 now ... I always find something amazing ...

off to search for one of these Mode Edge Whippets ... of course I won't be holding my breath

amazing !!!

For some reason that ad makes me a bit uneasy and borderline offended. I think it has to do with the history of the part of the country that I live in and the mistreatment of minorities. Or I might just be overly-sensitive. :)
I realize these posts are almost 2 yrs old now but I think Stetson was making the connection (tongue-in-cheek) that 150 yrs ago on the frontier a good hat was 3rd only to a man's horse & his guns, & horse thieves were hung on the spot! No trial necessary to make it legal. Like his horse a good Stetson meant a lot to a cowboy on the frontier. I got it at the time & thought it was clever.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
just bumping what I feel is the absolute best thread on the forum

no matter how many times I scroll slowly through this thread ... and I bet it is close to 100 now ... I always find something amazing ...

off to search for one of these Mode Edge Whippets ... of course I won't be holding my breath

amazing !!!
With yer luck and investigatory skill you'll probably find one soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112