Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

vintageTink

One Too Many
Just some rough suggestions that have worked for me. ;p

I have no idea why she doesn't like your children. She probably isn't used to polite, decent children.....:p
No, she isn't. Her kids are bossy and mean. My sons call them Mr and Mrs._____. Our sons call us mama and daddy. Their kids call them mom and dad.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Well the Nut next door is back at it. Last week there was a big wind through the Bay Area and guess what???? Well, I'll be darned, but in the fall when there's a big wind, the leaves fall out of the tree and into her yard. Now the idiot is complaining and wants me to cut down all the trees in the yard. I think it's time for this 83 year old to be IN A HOME not at HOME. lol Can you believe that some dummy at work actually thinks that she has a right to complain??? "well, they're your leaves from your tree". Yeah dummy, that's part of living in this world and living in a city; trees grow and shed leaves.

Well the Nut next door is back at it. Last week there was a big wind through the Bay Area and guess what???? Well, I'll be darned, but in the fall when there's a big wind, the leaves fall out of the tree and into her yard. Now the idiot is complaining and wants me to cut down all the trees in the yard. I think it's time for this 83 year old to be IN A HOME not at HOME. lol Can you believe that some dummy at work actually thinks that she has a right to complain??? "well, they're your leaves from your tree". Yeah dummy, that's part of living in this world and living in a city; trees grow and shed leaves.

Ha! I've lived in a housing addition for 35 years. Neighbor's leaves have dropped/blown into my yard every fall from big trees next door..across the street..and God knows where else. It's a given. Complain?...yeah under my breath. lol
HD

Tell her that dust from her yard has blown all over yours. She needs to dig up her yard.

Ha! I've lived in a housing addition for 35 years. Neighbor's leaves have dropped/blown into my yard every fall from big trees next door..across the street..and God knows where else. It's a given. Complain?...yeah under my breath. lol
HD
Across the street and all is a given but I really hate when they plant a damned tree RIGHT next to the fence. Yeah brilliant. It will ruin the fence eventually AND drop leaves on your yard. I fixed that with my neighbor. It gets cut right back to the fence line---always. Now the neighbor who had the good sense to plant two apple trees right next to the fence is something else. I trained those limbs over. :p

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Leaves don't bother me a bit. I get them from all directions, and I just leave them there until spring. Saves me the trouble of banking the house for the winter.

Meanwhile, my favorite neighbor, the hundred-and-five-year-old junkyard, is finally going out of business -- there's been a backhoe out there for the last month scooping up all the metal and throwing it into trucks. I'm sad to see them go -- no more throwing my own scraps and debris over the fence.

I was a bit worried about my shed when the crazy next door neighbour decided to set up one of those crazy ground-secured spinning firework things (I don't do fireworks, so no idea what they're called) about 1/2 a foot away from the wooden shed that sits at the boundary between our gardens (just a wire fence between).

I was secretly hoping that this idiot's pyromania might hit my naphtha stock in the shed and give him some real fireworks!

I was a bit worried about my shed when the crazy next door neighbour decided to set up one of those crazy ground-secured spinning firework things (I don't do fireworks, so no idea what they're called) about 1/2 a foot away from the wooden shed that sits at the boundary between our gardens (just a wire fence between).

I was secretly hoping that this idiot's pyromania might hit my naphtha stock in the shed and give him some real fireworks!

:rofl: That would have fixed him. :p

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Is this a regional thing? Mom and Dad seem to be the default way for kids to address their parents, at least once they're old enough to have outgrown a more babyish mode of speech. My kids variously call me mama, mommy, and mom, depending on their age and mood.
There were some people a couple blocks over who didn't allow their kids to call the parents Mom and Dad. Everyone used their first name.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Across the street and all is a given but I really hate when they plant a damned tree RIGHT next to the fence. Yeah brilliant. It will ruin the fence eventually AND drop leaves on your yard. I fixed that with my neighbor. It gets cut right back to the fence line---always. Now the neighbor who had the good sense to plant two apple trees right next to the fence is something else. I trained those limbs over. :p
It's his property, he can do whatever he wants on his side of the fence. Leaves falling in the yard are part of living in a city. Do you want him to tell the wind not to blow in your direction? What do you think the guy is going to do? Stand on the roof like Moses on the Red Sea, lift his arms and blow?????? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Leaves don't bother me a bit. I get them from all directions, and I just leave them there until spring. Saves me the trouble of banking the house for the winter.

Meanwhile, my favorite neighbor, the hundred-and-five-year-old junkyard, is finally going out of business -- there's been a backhoe out there for the last month scooping up all the metal and throwing it into trucks. I'm sad to see them go -- no more throwing my own scraps and debris over the fence.
lol Yeah, like how would the guy know if it was your garbage over there anyway, if you threw it??? lol He'd probably think he got lucky or something. :cool:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
HD
That's because you were raised in a civilized society, unlike these 3rd World peasants who think that leaves are not supposed to land in their yard. These types of morons need to live in a condo.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Tell her that dust from her yard has blown all over yours. She needs to dig up her yard.

Oh yes, this idiot also has her hedges that come over the fence, which I trim back and don't complain. I did point that out to this idiot, but when you're talking to an 83 year old nut from a 3rd World Peasantry background, it's like, well talking to the leaves. This is how crazy this nut is, a couple years ago there's a little patch next to the street, 6'X3' between the two driveways. We both had junipers there. Well the idiot had her husband rip out her little 3'x3' side which decimated my side because the junipers grew intertwinned. I didn't complain. Now when she starts moaning and groaning I point that out to her, but again, it's like talking to the leaves. This fool thinks that the sun rises and sets on her and that everything must comform to her insanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana