Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OBSESSIVE POSTING and commenting.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Comments can often be simple and to the point and not necessarily a wordy doctoral thesis. Humor and chatty remarks don't always have to be a endless running monolog. Sometimes it's sufficient to just hit "like" and not always feel it necessary to comment endlessly on most every single post. It's all about balance and we each must find our own, as we see fit. Apologies in advance for any offense or bad feelings this topic might have caused. Carry on Lady's and Gents.

Dnewma04

One of the Regulars
I see nothing wrong with the commenting. I figured it was just forum etiquette to share thoughts. I typically keep my comments fairly short but occasionally like to read some of the longer posts. Learned quite a bit from a few of the long ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LizzieMaine

Bartender
This is a discussion forum. It isn't a courtroom, a schoolroom, or a church. Talk as much as you want to to about what you want to, as long as it's within the general scope of what this place is about and as long as you follow our rules.

A forum where people aren't talking is dead. There are plenty of dead forums where people can go and watch the dust blow past if that's what they prefer. Everybody else, feel free to gab it up.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
This is a discussion forum. It isn't a courtroom, a schoolroom, or a church. Talk as much as you want to to about what you want to, as long as it's within the general scope of what this place is about and as long as you follow our rules.

A forum where people aren't talking is dead. There are plenty of dead forums where people can go and watch the dust blow past if that's what they prefer. Everybody else, feel free to gab it up.
Yes. Discussion. Not daily diary or travalog.

DJH

I'll Lock Up

Yes, agree 100%

The comments and the funny (and not funny) remarks are part of why this forum is still going strong when others have lost out to Facebook, etc.

Cheers!
David

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yes, agree 100%

The comments and the funny (and not funny) remarks are part of why this forum is still going strong when others have lost out to Facebook, etc.

Cheers!
David
Not at all. The forum is still here because we love hats and the comraderie and not necessarily the excessive funny or unfunny obsessive remarks.

Last edited:

+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff