Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK PANAMA BOB

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I would like to openly thank Panama Bob (Robert) on the beautiful hat body that just arrived from Equador. I am Extremely HAPPY and impressed with the speed of service, the quality of the product, and the honesty of this man. I had my doubts and have seen him and othere on Ebay, and on the internet. All promise the best Montecristi hats...and so on..

I must say, when I opened the box today I was overjoyed. This quality straw surpasses hats that I have paid much much more for. I even dare to say that this hat is tighter, and better quality than some of the hatters in the Bay Area.

I bought this hat for very very little, and it came unblocked. It suprisingly came in a quality balsa wood box. I plan on meeting Art Fawcett next week , and we will block, trim, and sweatband this fine hat body.

If anyone out there wants a fine straw hat, you can trust this man.

Here are some photos.

f9a3664d.jpg

f9a36669.jpg

f9a36660.jpg

f9a36652.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hey the photos are working great!

I too got a hat from Robert, and I am immensely pleased with it as well. If you guys want a quality Montecristi hat, I highly recommend him.

If any of you guys want, you can get it blocked down in Ecuador, instead of finishing it up here in the states because labor is much cheaper down there than it is up here.

Fedora

Vendor
Excellent!!! I can see one of those in my future. I bought one last year from the other guy down there, and he promised a tall crown height in the super fino, I think. I got a 4 inch crown stingy brim hat that served as a good target for my lever action Marlin 22 ca. rifle. Over the years, I have given good advice for bad hats. Shoot em', and shoot em' quickly. Squarely between the eyes. Bad hats are known to charge, and charge quickly. It didn't suffer. Fedora

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that looks great!

Can't wait to see what you and Art come up with for your hat. What grade did you order?

I'm glad I ordered one of his Indy Montecristis, it will be a hat to be proud of. Of course, it will be a while before I can even wear it here. It's been around ten below zero when I get up in the mornings, so summer seems far off at this point.

Brad Bowers

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Just got back from buying some, huh, garbage Cuenca hats, but the people like them.

The hat Andykev received would go about $399.00 or so on the website, depending on market and such. Things like brim length length and crown height have us adjusting the prices a bit, but the hat is/was a beauty.

I have been known to be sweet talked down in price, but that generally includes going from FEDEX to airmail, no insurance, standard brims, crowns, etc.

If you do decide to buy we can block and if you really want your master to do it, he will iron out our block and start from scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points