Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK...so what is your oldest hat?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Until recently my Zephyr Weight Stetson from late 30s/early 40s was my oldest hat

D328156-L.jpg

D328162-L.jpg

It is a joy to wear and I wear it often.

I've since acquired another Stetson a couple of decades older - no pics yet.

That is like "finding treasure" such a attractive hat.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have two older hats, one I am sure from the late 1940's to early 1950's, Dobbs, 15x Open Road. The other is my first "real hat", my Dunlap silk finish fedora. I would wish the hat still had a tag someplace inside it, but have not yet taken the time to see what I can about the name of where it was sold, on the sweatband, Palace Clothing.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks! This one, like several of my favorite hats, belonged to another Lounger and I found it right here in the Classifieds.

I know many good deals seem to stay right here within the Lounge members.

I almost had my "quest" for a clean vintage Stratoliner here lately, but was just not a size I could do. Still all in all, the hats I see here are so darn nice, makes me want to own them all!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Always a good idea to check the Classifieds daily if you are looking to find something.
I've been lucky in that members like Douglas and Aureliano have each sold some nice hats in my size that I've been able to buy.

T Rick

Practically Family
1930's? Stetson Standard Quality (obviously not a current pic, that was Michigan in November, December or January I think, Feb. I went to Florida, back in Spring, and now I am back in Florida for who knows how long).

standard.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
My oldest is a 1940s Adam Deluxe Homburg, made for U.S. Senator Guy Gillette:
Adam_Homburg.jpg

Followed by my early 1950s Royal Deluxe Open Road in "buckskin" (according the catalogs of the day):
Royal_Dx_OR.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk