Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old gas stations

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of Corvettes, I'm more of a Mopar and old-design, single-wide mobile home guy, myself....although there's no Mopar in this pic, there IS a cool looking 50's single-wide! :)

1950s-Corvette-and-Chevy-two-door-hardtop.jpg

Rob

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
But I actually much prefer the "Designed for Application" ethos of, say, Jim Millennials, who was an absolute prince!
View attachment 75057

The famous National HRO, the mechanical design for which Millen was responsible.

@ vitanola
My prewar S-20r "Sky Champion" by Hallicrafters.
33w5ul2.jpg

2qbfwc9.jpg

With all cylinders firing...:)
289a8lg.jpg

From one old dog to another... hope you're feeling better!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here's the important part: We Corvette owners don't care a hoot what "real sportscar drivers" say or think.
Sorry, I came across a little snobby there, late night post, I love all kinds of cars! You just reminded me of my two favorite Corvette's I have ever driven, polar opposites, but both fun. Last year, I almost bought a 66 Restomod, aluminum small block board and stroked, all the goodies you could ask for! In the end, I decided, discretion is the better part of valor and declined! But, my all time favorite, was the 54 I drove back in the 70s, anemic Blue Flame and all. Maybe it was because I had zero expectations for it, so there was only one way for my opinion to go. I still wouldn't mind having a 53 in my garage, and for that mater, a 57 T-Bird and............

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
My mom had S & H stamps and books
in one of the kitchen drawers when I went to take care of her house.
I'm keeping them for sentimental
reasons.
My mom had a book of Gold Bond stamps when she passed away. I do remember getting a steel toy pickup thanks to her Green Stamps! I kept them also.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
"Essolene"? According to this site (https://www.flickr.com/photos/13802839@N05/3743202400/):

" 'Essolene' was a special motor fuel introduced by Esso in 1933, advertised as containing an additive that guaranteed smoother engine performance. The ads claimed that this gasoline contained a proprietary 'special solvent oil that cleans valve stems, piston rings, and piston-ring grooves'. Esso's 1933 ads proclaimed: 'Make one simple, convincing test -- try Essolene once in your car, under any conditions you choose. Essolene will speak for itself.' "

And: "Essolene seems to have been marketed only during the decade of the 1930s." True?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112