Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old gas stations

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
6be930364e772a07e7698ea4336fddb7.jpg
e9e29b7267b95502435f1579a6d3d8fd.jpg
bac3abe38a8bc2b0c18d67d5964483cc.jpg

Rob

Now that looks to be mid-Sixties; there appears to be a Mustang parked near the ski lodge-looking building. Is that Albuquerque, NM? It has a Montgomery Blvd. in the NE quadrant of the city -- and that range is close enough to be the Sandias.

In the pic above with the well-dressed woman standing next to the man checking the car's tires - is that a Chrysler - doesn't look like Caddy fins at all, but I don't really know cars like car guys do?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Those fins look awful close to the 1961 Chrysler Imperial Crown coupe, but the bumper and taillights don't look right...

Rob
Well, the car in the pic is a coupe. And it certainly has that acres-of-glass rear window look that was popular then. Must have been awful to drive if you didn't purchase air-conditioning, especially in the South and West.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
I can't tell if that's a badge on the rear fender, or the woman holding something in her hand...even though the '61 holds the record for the biggest fins (the '59 Caddy had the tallest), the Imperial of that year didn't have a fender badge like that (as standard, anyway).

The hubcaps do look like Mopar offerings, and that continental trunk lid was a popular option.

Rob

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I can't tell if that's a badge on the rear fender, or the woman holding something in her hand...even though the '61 holds the record for the biggest fins (the '59 Caddy had the tallest), the Imperial of that year didn't have a fender badge like that (as standard, anyway).

The hubcaps do look like Mopar offerings, and that continental trunk lid was a popular option.

Rob
I zoomed in on it, and it looks like it's on the car: perhaps a decal of some kind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana