Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Hollywood Stars: Before and After

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Dixon Cannon said:
Bankhead meets the Beatles - ouch!.. That was ugly!
johnlennonpaulmccartneytonightshow1.jpg

The 'Tonight Show' with Joe Garagiola 1968

And people said surrealism was dead.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
HadleyH said:
Oops... how could I have forgotten, Olivier and his third wife whom he adored, Joan Plowright! (i like her a lot too :D )

I once cut a rug with Ms. Plowright. I was a callow college student on my first trip to NYC (1979 or thereabouts), and our group happened to be seated next to her party late one night upstairs at Sardi's, where the Manhattan Rhythm Kings were holding forth.

The two groups began to intermingle, and she and I danced a slow number together.

Sir Larry was doing a Broadway show at the time and wasn't, alas, on hand (can't recall which show it was).

unaspenser

New in Town
Peter O'Toole is one of my favorite actors... here's a few of him.

He was born in 1932, so a tad on the late side for this forum. Here he is as a young lad:

otoole7.jpg

His big break, playing Lawrence of Arabia, 1962

Peter_O27Toole_--_LOA_trailer.jpg

One of my favorite movies ever, Henry II in The Lion in Winter with Katherine Hepburn (1968)

lioninwinter.jpg

Playing Casanova in the 2005 BBC miniseries:

casanova3.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I know perfectly well he is not "old hollywood" ..... but .... OMG that little face!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Isn't it something special? :D

John Travolta
Stars_Childhood_08.jpg

Kiri

One of the Regulars
I didn't know he dyed his hair! I don't know that much about him at all really. I knew that little boy looked familiar but I didn't actually get it till I scrolled down. You can really tell it's him once you know though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ