Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Hollywood Stars: Before and After

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Catherine Fabienne Dorléac
Baby+Deneuve.jpg
6608148_std.jpg
42949754.jpg

_article_titre.jpg

catherine_deneuve_brune_reference.jpg

sisters.jpg

with sister Francoise.
42949491.jpg

Catherine became a blonde at age 17. She became famous as Catherine Deneuve.
CatherineDeneuve.jpg

Wow, before I scrolled down fully I expected that to be a young Natalie Wood!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I agree with you cashun , gorgeous from the start!
Sadly, I don't know what that clip is from :(

I know cherry lips, watermarks are annoying grrrr.... nevertheless, something is better than nothing! :D ;)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
A favorite Silver Screen star of mine, especially her earlier movies. See if you can guess before you get to the end.:
As a little tyke, circa 1915:
ccf02192008_00000.jpg

As a budding young lady,circa 1922:
life3706.jpg

As a Jazz Age baby, circa 1923:
23billie08.jpg

As a Hollywood hopeful, circa 1925:
250328_movweekly_3.jpg

And circa 1944, please pass the eyebrow pencil... Joan Crawford, here in "Mildred Pierce"
45mildred.jpg
More Joan!

"I have known Joan Crawford for more than thirty-five years. I still don't know her at all..She is the only star I know who manufactured herself...She drew up a blueprint for herself and outlined a beautiful package of skin, bones and character and then set about to put life into the outline. She succeeded, and so Joan Crawford came into existence at the same time an overweight Charleston dancer, born Lucille LeSueur, disappeared from the world. It took me a long time to realize this. I believed, for some time, that Lucille existed under the skin." - Louella Parsons

3661403888_a477ae926c.jpg

joan1924.gif

Lucille LeSueur 1924

prettyladies.jpg

her first film

3109558180_fa08cf499d.jpg

Joan Crawford, (Lucille LeSueur) in The Unknown

250px-Joancrawford2crop.jpg

"Some movie stars don't seem like stars when you meet them, and some seem more like stars off the screen than on. I don't know which type is better, but Miss Crawford [is] definitely the latter type." - Marilyn Monroe

Nicknames growing up: Billie Cassin, Cranberry
more here http://www.meredy.com/joancrawford/bio.html and here http://stirredstraightup.blogspot.com

Last edited:

Mae Croft

Familiar Face
Lucy was always glamorous! I think, though, that by the time the late 40s came around (after the New Look) there was a sort of hokey, kitschy factor to what I guess you could call domestic glamour. It didn't unmake glamour (reinvented it, I should say) but you have hairstyles like the poodle vs. styles like fingerwaves and there's an obvious difference in silhouette. But she was always a very glamorous lady!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk