Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

old time radio online

Warden

One Too Many
I must be honest, to my surprise I am enjoying Peppermint Candy on Jazz FM.

Available to online here

Just wish they spoke a little slower, but I really enjoy their choice of music.

bh1.jpg

Darren van Ek

New in Town
I have been listening to this station for about a month http://www.1940sukradio.co.uk/ Absolutlely love it as they also include ads from the era, so fun to listen to, even if they had no idea about things like smoking etc
You can also stream it through the Tunin Radio app, I listen in the car as well, as my data plan is pretty good.

I highly recommend it.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
I have been listening to this station for about a month http://www.1940sukradio.co.uk/ Absolutlely love it as they also include ads from the era, so fun to listen to, even if they had no idea about things like smoking etc
You can also stream it through the Tunin Radio app, I listen in the car as well, as my data plan is pretty good.

I highly recommend it.

I just found this today and I love it! I'm sitting here listening to it now while I'm perusing the Lounge. It's almost like being in 1940s Great Britain...well, except for the computer, the TV my dd is watching that I can hear in the background, and the fact we're waiting for pizza delivery. Otherwise it's the 1940s in my house tonight. :D

Last edited:

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Pandora online/smart phone free app. With this handy radio app I get to choose my favorite artist and from that artist I have chosen to listen to I also get singers and bands I have never heard of. Its wonderful. Plus pandora has there quick mix station which it super because one can listen to ever artist added to their chosen radio station list. At one moment I'll be listening to Fats Waller and the quick mix station will pick the next artist such as Skillet or Donny Osmond. I just adore Pandora radio I get to be the DJ by picking my out favorite.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I have a great little FREE streaming audio app on my phone and tablet called Tunein. I use it to stream OTR via my car's audio input jack. I'm usually listening to either Radio Noir or 1710 Antioch, but there are plenty of OTR sites that you kind find by searching "old time radio". You can also stream to your desktop via Tunein's website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk