Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On yer bike!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
'37 Columbia Custom bike:

24owo03.jpg

Bike came basically with just the tank.
I added dual springs, Delta horn, cross-braced handlebars, chromed fenders with brass fender-guard & installed a Brooklyn style stand.

2n16wqt.jpg

Makes for a most comfortable ride !

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Wow Jake, that front fender ornament, looks like something from Teddy Roosevelt's Great White Fleet! Love it! Does the horn work?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Wow Jake, that front fender ornament, looks like something from Teddy Roosevelt's Great White Fleet! Love it! Does the horn work?

The "fender ornament" is from officer's hat badge from my days in the service long ago.
The horn's internal parts are in excellent condition. The horn is original & was built in the 1930s.

To have the horn working, requires electrical wires which are attached to the rear of the horn.
One wire is inserted into the handlebar leading to the grips.
The wire is connected to a button on the grip which will activate the horn.
The other wires are installed inside the frame leading to the tank compartment.
This is where the battery was located.

Last edited:

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Still not done, but it is able to ride. Zinc plating on such rusty surface only serve as rust prevention. Seat pillar and handlebar are painted with spray putty, filler and glossy black paint. Rims are classic for wired tyres which is wrong. I'm wainting for original folding tyre rims.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Still not done, but it is able to ride. Zinc plating on such rusty surface only serve as rust prevention. Seat pillar and handlebar are painted with spray putty, filler and glossy black paint. Rims are classic for wired tyres which is wrong. I'm wainting for original folding tyre rims.

It's a very wonderful original bicycle. Makes me want to work on my original bike as well.
Good Luck !

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Well, it is probably not as original as yours, but thank you :)

On the contrary....
If you are referring to the '37 Columbia bicycle. It was recently manufactured
in the style of old .
I added some original parts to make it a custom vintage bike.
On the other hand...this is an original 1920s Iver Johnson bicycle.
nd0cpg.jpg

This one, I will keep it as original as possible & not do any custom work
except replace the tires & clean it up as needed.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just did a quick search of replica bicycles Jake, thanks to you. I am now wondering, are we living in The Golden Era of bicycles? I found everything from Schwinn Varsity's, to Bone Shakers, and every thing in between!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi Fellas,

Just to let people know the Vintage Nomad jacket has been updated in Ventile fabric by http://www.lancashirepike.co.uk/
View attachment 29266 View attachment 29267 View attachment 29268 View attachment 29269

Thanks for that Stephen. I think Hilltrekker is the only other UK company making these now in Ventile. I've used a Double Ventile for years on the hills, but as a keen (/ obsessive!) road cyclist for many years, I'm very curious to see how these hold up 'in the field' with the rigours of aggressive, physical excercise over a 75 to 100 miler. Wondering if they have a stall at L'Eroica Britannia this year in the Peaks...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Highwheel bicycle reminds me, I need to go watch one of these races! I have a friend that rides them, he broke a leg learning, so they are not easy to ride. [video=youtube;SiJI6UI_LDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJI6UI_LDk[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points