Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On yer bike!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fair point about the modern cycling kit...

I'm dressed here in modern kit for the trials of road/off road work will throw at me, but it doesn't have the panache of the classic vintage gear that many of you have kindly shown (and looks amazing).

This was on a coastal cycle route 2-days-ago in glorious weather! But the Panama would never have stayed on sadly!! Plus the helmet is a life-saver in my book, so not sure 'how to' get around that one...

DSCN1478.jpg

Warden

One Too Many
What ho chaps

Just been playing with the windows video software and made a little video clip up for a new web page I plan to publish soon, featuring us on vintage cycles at events.

[YOUTUBE]<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=56973485">Cycling through time</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=56973485,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=56973485,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Just in case the video clip does not work here is the link

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=56973485

I am ready for my close up now

Harry

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Warden said:
What ho chaps

Just been playing with the windows video software and made a little video clip up for a new web page I plan to publish soon, featuring us on vintage cycles at events.

Harry

Nice little video Harry! Love the kiddies trikes! Drop me a line if you are interested in the sidecar we've got, our nippers are too big for it now.

Warden

One Too Many
Hello Mike

Thanks for the offer, but I am billy broke after driving round the country finding trikes for my little ones.

Thanks again

Harry

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks for the bump Paddy, I think I finally figured out at last what that means! duh me...

Sigh... seeing all the vintage bikes and home front pics are truly inspiring everyone! I don't even where to begin to look for a 1940s era bike tho! I'd need a pair of vintage pattern shorts for wearing under my dress..

With the minivan currently down for the count- it needs a new fuel pump (to the tune of $700.00 with parts and labor), I may decide to dig out my Raleigh out of the garage!

DannyBoy

New in Town
chanteuseCarey said:
...I don't even where to begin to look for a 1940s era bike tho! I'd need a pair of vintage pattern shorts for wearing under my dress..

With the minivan currently down for the count- it needs a new fuel pump (to the tune of $700.00 with parts and labor), I may decide to dig out my Raleigh out of the garage!
Try Faber's Cyclery 702 S. 1st St., San Jose, CA 95113. That's where I got a bunch of stuff to fix my bike up. It's one of those best kept San Jose secrets. It's an amazing bike shop built into an old saloon right under 280. The yard is stacked high with vintage bikes, and the inside is a shop/museum. There's a picture on the wall of the shop from maybe about 1910-1920 showing the interior - it hasn't changed a bit! Just be warned you might meet some rough or "salty" characters there, but everyone's really nice once you get to know them lol.

You might try craigslist too, but mostly I've just found stuff that's already restored and that people are charging several hundred dollars for. Not worth it in my opinion.

Speedster

Practically Family

Warden

One Too Many
Spent the weekend at the Royal Gunpowder Mills Home Front event. perfect for cycling, until my duaghters vintage tricycle fell apart.

Looks like I have another project this winter. :(

Harry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112