Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

art_deco_fan

Familiar Face
I suppose the real reason I went with this model was the bronze crown ribbon. you rarely see a contrasting ribbon theses days, I did a ton of shopping and this was the only one to fit the bill. I am proud to help support Stetson in it's effort to reenergize the hat industry.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Premier Open Road. Been waiting for this one for a looooong time but it was worth the wait. It is a really nice hat. Just dry creased a quick center dent and it took the dry crease well, albeit with a bit of "spidering". Not quite "vintage" quality but not a bad hat at all. I can definitely tell a difference between the felt in Stetson's "Premier" quality hats and their "Excellent" quality. But I really like this hat! Nice job Stetson.

DougC

Practically Family
Great hat and great collection of SW2d! Edited: Did you buy that hat local or online? If local, where in Central Texas are you located? I would love to pick one up at Paris Hatters (my local). Edit x2--noticed the Delmonico label.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! They are not on Delmonico's web site, but possibly they have some in stock if you call or can order you one. Doug, funny how those books went from being used almost daily to mere conference room decor!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Ron so glad that you like the new Open Road and thank you for hanging in there.

Jeff
Stetson Premier Open Road. Been waiting for this one for a looooong time but it was worth the wait. It is a really nice hat. Just dry creased a quick center dent and it took the dry crease well, albeit with a bit of "spidering". Not quite "vintage" quality but not a bad hat at all. I can definitely tell a difference between the felt in Stetson's "Premier" quality hats and their "Excellent" quality. But I really like this hat! Nice job Stetson.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
It appears to have been a special order by Jeff at Delmonico, as there was no typical Stetson tag inside the sweatband and the box has no model information/size/designation.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
The Open Road was a special offering and I think only two people took it up. Because of this is took a lot to get them done. I don't think that it will happen again. But never say never. Like anything if there is enough interest it may be doable.

Jeff

rclark

Call Me a Cab
The Open Road was a special offering and I think only two people took it up. Because of this is took a lot to get them done. I don't think that it will happen again. But never say never. Like anything if there is enough interest it may be doable.

Jeff
Wow. I figured there would be a LOT more orders than mine and one other. I guess I do in fact have a modern-day collector's item!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points