Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions welcome on my new Chippewa 8'' laced boot

SoCalSoftailSlim

One of the Regulars
Most folks like the 6'' version of this service boot. But the 8'' have slightly different styling and seem to stand out a bit more. Question is, do they stand out too much? haha.

I always make up my own mind. But opinions welcome from my fellow bootheads. :)

IMG_2239_zpsn3sotmlx.jpg

IMG_2241_zps1xgq3itg.jpg

IMG_2240_zpsmkhgpsgl.jpg

IMG_2238_zpslqh5rccw.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
I've had a pair of the 6" lace-ups for at least a half-a-dozen years, and those 8"ers are definitely nicer looking boots.
If mine ever wear out ...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to keep these boots. Great quality. And they'll look even nicer broken in, I think.

Style is a key factor for many when it comes to clothing and footwear, and as you get older you find that quality as well as comfort and how long what you wear on your feet will last! The boots you have a super for meeting all the factors as to why you made the right choice. Condition them up, wear them and you should enjoy the service as well as the look from those boots!

SoCalSoftailSlim

One of the Regulars
I hear ya, LMM. These days I'm all about sturdy Red Wings and Chippewas. They look great, will last a lifetime if you want them to and never go out of style because their profiles are so classic.

Plus my 2268 RW engineers and these 8'' Chips do nicely on the Harley. They are not technical riding boots, but I feel like my dogs are better protected than most cats on Harleys these days.

Last edited:
Nice ones! I like the taller tops on them. And as you pointed out, those will look great after they get a little wear on them.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112