Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Hat?

pjt113

One of the Regulars
HI,

I have a line on a hat that I'm being told is a "Graham Thompson Optimo" hat, I asked for a picture of the interior as the pic of the hat was a rather nondescript black hat, and this is what was sent to me.

Anyone ever seen a Optimo tag like this?

tn.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
pjt, you are probably aware, there is more than one hat company called "Optimo" here in the US and probably more overseas (where this hat probably came from).

The only Optimo Chicago hat I've owned had the logo that Rusty posted - it had a proper sweatband and nice stitching as well.

There is a real Optimo in the Classifieds right now. Compare it to the one you are looking at.

Last edited:

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys, I've been to Optimo and had Graham rebuild a vintage Open Road I have and hope to one day have a custom made for me, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
There is a rollable featherweight hat but I can't recall the sweatband logo which has also changed over time, so I can't exclude or verify.

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I heard back from someone at Optimo and they said it looked to be one of their roll up traveler hats.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I had an Optimo from their first year in business. The logo was different so I emailed Graham and he replied very quickly confirming it was one of his. I recently sold the hat in the classifieds.

pjt113

One of the Regulars
So I bought the hat and it's beautiful!

I've never held felt this soft before, and it is very light so it must be the featherweight. It also came with it's box!

It is way too small for me so my big decision is if I should keep it and bask in it's beauty or sell it to someone who will wear it. Leaning towards the later but time enough for that.

Here's some pix

optimofront.jpg

optimoside.jpg

optimobox.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow - I would never have bought the hat from that one photo you posted. It looks great, sorry about the size though!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations on that beauty, ptj. Way to stick with it!

I'd stare at it for a spell, myself. On the other hand, if it were MY size, I'd say sell it now!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ