Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Green Manhattan. Immediately this hat stands alone in my collection. The color, fit, finish, and perhaps most of all, versatility, make this an easy go to right away. But I wasn't ready to wear it in the downpours right away, so it only got a little head time straight out of the box.

I really like my custom hats, but what a difference it made to be able to be fitted in person by a pro, and to be able to try on a range of styles, colors, and dimensions, with the assisting eye of the professionals in person.

View attachment 57688 View attachment 57689 View attachment 57690 View attachment 57691 View attachment 57692 View attachment 57693

Absolutely PERFECT from every angle and perspective, Jeff!!! Congrats!

EstherWeis

Vendor
Green Manhattan. Immediately this hat stands alone in my collection. The color, fit, finish, and perhaps most of all, versatility, make this an easy go to right away. But I wasn't ready to wear it in the downpours right away, so it only got a little head time straight out of the box.

I really like my custom hats, but what a difference it made to be able to be fitted in person by a pro, and to be able to try on a range of styles, colors, and dimensions, with the assisting eye of the professionals in person.

View attachment 57688 View attachment 57689 View attachment 57690 View attachment 57691 View attachment 57692 View attachment 57693

That is outstanding! Love it.
Suits you very well.
And that box! I get excited by looking at it :)

Great you mention the one on one.
That is why I love my job. There is no greater thing than seeing that first smile when they put on their new hat. Magic!

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
plxeUACbj

Bigger Don

Practically Family
View attachment 63201 View attachment 63202 alas, here are some photos of the Optimo Chicago in teal...
That is a nice looking lid. When you said "teal" I thought of something less muted. This is properly (IMO) muted; not glaring but obviously teal. Like the ribbon color, too...but that's the opinion of a no good, trash noobie. :)

Latoso

Familiar Face
I agree, the muted teal looks incredible. Very nice, they've gotten some pretty cool looking new felt colors in this season. I had a chance to see them recently. They have a really nice new purple one. But just like your teal it's very muted, bordering on oxblood. I'm definitely a fan.

Genuine Classic Gangster

One of the Regulars
their Chicago model in teal. many a stranger complimented me on how much they liked the hat and color.

I have the same color of hat and I get those kinds of compliments all the time too. The same thing also happens when I wear my Emerald Melusine hat from Optimo.

I do not think that hat as it appears in those photos should be described as the Chicago style, however. Even though Chicago style is what you ordered, IMO your hat stopped being the Chicago style when you changed the crease. To still call it the Chicago style after that might confuse/unintentionally mislead some readers who do not understand the Chicago style does not come with anywhere near of so narrow a pinch in the front as the photos display. I'm not sure that "narrow pinch" is the correct way to describe what I mean, but if not, then someone who knows what I'm talking about and how to explain it better may feel free to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112