Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original German River Police Leather Jacket - Size 54

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Hello Gentlemen!

Today I am selling one of my Leather Jackets from my small collection of jackets. It´s an original Uniform Jacket from the german River Police, complete with the Emblem of the federal state of Northrhine-Westphalia and epaulettes / rank insignia. The leather is quite strong and of superb quality, since it is an original piece of equipment. The inner lining is nice and warm. I´m selling it because it is too wide for me and therefore it only consumes space in the wardrobe.
-kompunbenannt-36.jpg

-kompunbenannt-43.jpg

The jacket has three outer and two inner pockets. The flap on the right, lower front is in fact not a pocket, but covers an opening to the inside for carrying the service weapon in a long holster over the jacket. The two zips on the inside are no pockets, but instead give access to the fastening of the buttons. See pictures below.

-kompunbenannt-17.jpg

-kompunbenannt-18.jpg

The jacket has been issued, but has obviously hardly ever been worn at all. It looks as if it comes right out of the factory, there are virtually no signs of wear on it. Please see pictures for mor details. It is even still a bit hard to get the buttons through the holes.

-kompunbenannt-30.jpg

The label states Häckel & Co as the manufactuer, with October 1978 as production date. The size seems to be labelled as 54, but in fact I find it a bit hard to determine the actual size. I am 185 cm / 6"1 tall and quite slim (normally, size „L“ fits me well), and the length of the jacket is just fine for me. I would not recommend to be much taller, since 185 cm is about the maximum height for this jacket. My problem is that it falls quite wide, so it looks a bit loose on me. So if you are somewhere between 180 and 185 cm / 5"11 - 6"00 and a bit wider around the chest and lower body (or wear some thick winter clothes), the jacket should be just fine.

-kompunbenannt-41.jpg

This type of jacket has not been issued for years now within the police of Northrhine-Westphalia. In fact, they don´t have any leather jackets any more at all. As the shoulder patch and the rank insignias are still official emblems for the german police, it might be a good Idea not to wear it in Germany with the patch still attached to it. At least as long as you don´t want to risk getting into troubles for pretending to be a police officer! :)

As it is a unique naval jacket of excellent quality and virtually unused, i would like to ask 300 € for it, plus shipping to any place you want. Reasonable offers are also welcome.

Please contact me via the forum if you are interested in the jacket.

Some more pictures:

-kompunbenannt-21.jpg

-kompunbenannt-13.jpg

-kompunbenannt-49.jpg

Attachments

• -kompunbenannt-36.jpg
    -kompunbenannt-36.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 1,863

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow that is one of the best looking leather jackets I've seen here on the Lounge. If it would fit my Husband, I'd own it!

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Hi everyone!
Thank you very much. I can assure you that these jackets are really nice, especially with the bad weahter ahead now in witer. At least here in Northern Europe! I have two more simmilar jackets, both also from the naval police, but with a somewhat different pattern. They go perfect with a nice wool juper underneath. :) I´ll have to put some pictures of them here one day...

Anyway, today I measured the jacket. Here we go:

Jacke mit Massen.jpg

The measueres are: sleeve outside, sleeve inside, height from bottom to collar, circumference at chest and at bottom. The last two measured on the outside of the jacket.

I hope that helps. If I can help you with any more Information, please go ahead and ask!

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Bump for price drop!

Hi everyone!
It has been a while since I have last been around here. I still have this jacket for sale, and I am lowering the price to 200 € plus shipping!

Best regards to all of you,
Stefan.

Deepwater

New in Town
Bump for price drop!

Hi everyone!
It has been a while since I have last been around here. I still have this jacket for sale, and I am lowering the price to 200 € plus shipping!

Best regards to all of you,
Stefan.
Is this jacket still for sale?

Edward

Bartender
Hello, I have no notification of a message . Perhaps takes some time to come through.

Hi there - welcome to TFL. The Lounge software is configured such that the private messaging facility is only available after you've made fifteen posts. A few more interactions around here and you'll soon be in that position.:)

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Hi Edward!
Thank you, good to know that. I never heared of that before.

@Deepwater: You did get my message, right? If not just give me a note here an d I will pass my E-Mail address to you.

Best regards,
Stefan.

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Bump and price drop!

Hi everyone,
this jacket is still blocking space in my closet. I really want to get it out of the way, therefore I am reducing the price to 80 € / 90 USD plus shipping. This is the same amount that I have the jacket for sale on another german classifieds website.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112