Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orvis Cardigan: A Review

LuckyLighter

Familiar Face
Well my Orvis shawl cardigan arrived on Dec. 11, and I've had plenty of time to give a few field tests. First of all, screen accuracy is not even an option as far as color--I ordered brown, and soon learned that their idea of brown is almost white :shock: . Let's just say, blond might be a better color description, or very light brown.

But that is just being superficial and petty about an amazingly beautiful sweater. And, actually, the color does look good when worn with the shirt and pants--and it looks even better with a black LC tie.

The collar is a perfect height--actually, I had been searching for a cardigan like this one for years, even before I discovered this community.

I had this cardigan out on two fairly chilly, windy days, underneath my leather jacket with a scarf, and it kept me warm, but I imagine it would be more suited for sitting by a fireside with a glass of cognac, but that's just me, I'm just that type of cat.

Because of the material it's made from, I did find the sweater to be a bit itchy, so make sure you have you shirt sleeves rolled down.

Final analysis:

Screen Accuracy: I give it a B...the collar and overall style of the sweater is a pretty good match to "Mystery of the Blues", but I had to deduct points for the color, and the lack of color choices in the catalog: it comes in 3 available colors; blue, green, and "brown".

Wearabilty: A..Very comfortable, though a bit itchy, but it will keep you warm under your Wested, or whatever jacket you prefer.

Style: A+...Looks great, and goes well with the rest of the gear, particularly with the Last Crusade tie.

Overall: A...I love this sweater, and although it is a bit pricey at $69.00, you get what you pay for in quality and general coolness. I would recommend to save money if you plan on ordering the sweater, order it at an Orvis retailer. If there is an Orvis store near you, go there and use their public ordering line, tell them you are ordering from a store, and they will not charge you for Shipping and Handling...you'll save yourself about 8 bucks.[/quote]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112