Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orvis Explorer's Shirt

Mike K.

One Too Many
Mojave, it sounds like maybe you don't have to worry about ordering a 'tall' size. If the shirt has this much extra length, perhaps a regular size will do just fine as long as the sleeve length is okay.

Steve, how does the shirt feel in the Florida heat? I'm down in the southern part of the state and need something that won't be too hot.

Anybody try one of the Orvis pants like the new Teddy Roosevelt line? I love the look of the scalloped back pocket flaps but I'm not so sure about the leather liner around the pockets.

Steve

Practically Family
Mike K. said:
Steve, how does the shirt feel in the Florida heat? I'm down in the southern part of the state and need something that won't be too hot.
Well, it's pretty cool up here right near P'cola right now, and the shirt is just right. I'd say it's best for milder temperatures, or at the least, low humidity. The nature of the fabric makes it pretty warm.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Mike, you might be right. I may have to order one of these. Orvis assured me that the India Officer's shirt had a 35" sleeve, though, and that was too short. Maybe the looser weave will let me pull those suckers out, if need be.

I'm still on the hunt for a decently priced white safari shirt in a tall, though. Orvis offers their TR shirt in white, which I really like, but again no talls. Same story on the sleeve length. They say it's a 35, but it feels more like a 34.

Do I sound like a broken record?! Sorry!

Steve

Practically Family
Well, if you're as tall as you sound, the Explorer would suit you fine. I'm 5' 10"-11", and the dang shirt end comes to my knees. I think it's be just right on you, if the sleeves are long enough.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Actually, I'm only 6', but I have gangly arms. I usually wear a 35" or 36" sleeve. Well, I'm also picky about the sleeve length. It drives me nuts just watching Seinfeld because George's sleeves are always too short on his jackets. lol

Mike K.

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana