Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orvis' Teddy Roosevelt Fur Felt Slouch "Kettle Hill" $76.28 to yr. door

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah but a reviewer or two had mentioned that the brim width wasn't consistent with the ad copy.
He stated his brim was 3", which I would think about, but not anywhere beyond.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FOLLOW UP:

Someone at Orvis MUST learn to use a ruler one o' these days, the brim, despite what the copy would have you believe, measures at A SPOT-ON 3 INCHES!!!... and is an underwelt. The band might cost you $50 alone in some places. Looks quite like TR's. just not beat to h*ll, yet. Quality mid-weight felt, but I wouldn't wear it in Cuba! Unexceptional liner. You've seen it.

The sweatband is not leather but an absorbent anti-microbial cloth, sewn in, not glued, quite comfy. Far superior to the "bonded" leather sweats (leather dust and benzine based adhesives), found in most hats at this price point.

Overall-->seven of ten for design, six of ten for materials used. Fit seems somewhat snug, but within the stated ranges. I'd like to rate it higher, but not really knowing the true dimensions and the utter uselessness of relying on the description on the page (or using 'chat') is a certain minus. Tighten up, Orvis!

It now has gone up, I 'spect to see it in the hat in the 'bargain cave' next.

jlw

One of the Regulars
091e0e1815fe2b71f480ab38456eab64.jpg
ae0c9a52ecb9ae703e2a1b4edfef3113.jpg
97923d113f14e18c26d33601e5b560c5.jpg

I ordered one as I wanted a hat that I didn't mind getting beat up in inclement weather and would be lighter than my wool hats. Even with low expectations I am disappointed. The hat actually has less definition than my cheap Baileys. It's more floppy too.

I will be returning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RJR

091e0e1815fe2b71f480ab38456eab64.jpg
ae0c9a52ecb9ae703e2a1b4edfef3113.jpg
97923d113f14e18c26d33601e5b560c5.jpg

I ordered one as I wanted a hat that I didn't mind getting beat up in inclement weather and would be lighter than my wool hats. Even with low expectations I am disappointed. The hat actually has less definition than my cheap Baileys. It's more floppy too.

I will be returning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko