Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

other favorite military jacket

kowalski

Practically Family
P1070089.JPG P1050717.JPG P1040982.JPG P1040903.JPG 306.JPG 028.JPG

1 foto ) NFM garm ECJ extreme cold jacket
2) vintage leather polish flight jacket
3)Arcteryx leaf alpha
4) cult M65 jacket contract made in 67y (silver zip)
5)M43 contract made in 44 y
6)Multicam level 5 contract + Mystery Ranch backpack

I invite others to paste photos of your favorite military jacket
best regards

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff, kowalski. Part of my family is from Poland so it's nice to hear from someone over there. I have a few items myself I will post here, soon hopefully.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Great thread. Thanks for sharing. I can remember all the great USA and foreign surplus jackets (clothing in general) I ruffled through in bins; thinking they'd always be available and available for cheap. Now the "surplus" stores only have overpriced new knockoffs, and all the items I used to see for $5-15 are now $50-300+.

While I'm here, does anyone know if there is a name for the ammunition pocket that was horizontal and unbuttoned to the left or right, not up? And do you know of any jackets by name that have that?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Russet jerky Aero A-2 Bronco that is invariably my current go to jacket that I pull out of the closet when the temperature is cool but not cold. Fits me like a glove or comfortable old shoe - pick your metaphor:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Some recent military purchases, or accumulations if you prefer.

Canadian Forces winter flying jacket, Type IV, dated 1978 in dark green. It has a wool interlining, rain hood under the fur collar, and some straps to attach it to the matching insulated overalls. The front zipper goes up on an angle to the top right chest.

Canadian Forces vehicle crew winter jacket. Similar to the flying jacket, although heavier and with a large hood instead of collar. It has a handy pocket on the front left chest. The front zip is angled like the flying jacket. Again this is supposed to be worn with insulated overalls or pants.

IDF (Zahal) winter jacket, very much a copy of an MA-1 but in heavy cotton duck and quilted inside. It has a rain hood that hides inside but it's useless and makes a lump in the back so I'm going to tear it out. The jacket's tag is in Hebrew so I have no idea what it says, other than the size is "2" whatever that means lol

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
This is a great thread. It's interesting to view the military jackets from various countries that are not commonly seen on the forum. Beautiful Bronco A-2 Fanch. I love the color.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
More pics of IDF jackets. These are really great jackets, the shells wear in nicely like old jeans and the torso is a bit longer than USAF MA-1 jackets. I've been wearing a blue one this year quite a bit, and I think I'll get a green one too (I sold the previous green one I had since the fit was a bit too snug). Here's one from e-bay, and that's not me in the photo below, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points