Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I go to estate sales almost every weekend and never find anything (hat related) east coast estate sales must be much better than west coast.

not the ones I go to

very rarely do I find anything hat related at estate sales ... and if I do it is a box or a hat I have very little interest in

doesn't stop me from looking though for some reason

I go to estate sales almost every weekend and never find anything (hat related) east coast estate sales must be much better than west coast.

Or NE Ohio vs. SW. I don't find much around here, either.

not the ones I go to

very rarely do I find anything hat related at estate sales ... and if I do it is a box or a hat I have very little interest in

doesn't stop me from looking though for some reason

That pony's under all that stuff somewhere, Moon, and we're going to find it.

OK, I stopped in one of the local antique malls on the way back from work yesterday, just because I was bored.

Jackpot?

IMG_1329.JPG

Alas, it was too small...

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a trio of finds to report. While I was working yesterday my sweet wife and her dear mother went to a local city wide garage sale and found a couple of hats.

The first one is too big for me but I told her to rescue it ($6 what the hey). Its a fairly recent Stetson thin ribbon OR style but with a 2 1/2" brim. A few moth nibbles. Could be a good project or work lid.

The next one is an I'm guessing 60s Resistol with a 2" brim that looked pretty rough but some steaming, heavy wet brushing and a hard stretch over my 52 block helped revive it. I'm not much on stingy brims but the crown proportions are right on this one and It will be a good go to hat.

I still have some cleaning to do to that one on the bottom of the brim and the interior.

And last week at a local antique store I found a Knox 20 Panama that has a little damage to the crown and some popped stitches on the back of the sweat that will serve as a good substitute for my 40s Knox 20 that is in excellent shape next summer. My good Knox just sits on the shelf because I don't want to ruin it in the sweaty 100+ West Texas heat.

Please don't handle vintage straws by the crowns!!! AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know this is a little late but thanks guys!

Found this little stash today:

20151024_204702.jpg

I think I need to send an email to a certain hatter :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto