Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Other than red lipstick

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I wear bright pinks, coral, orange, sometimes peach.
Revlon's Blase Apricot is my favorite non-red lipstick.
e88p51.jpg

I sent this too my phone last night and got certainly red today I am really excited to try it, I also thought about about getting Love that pink and hot coral but held back. I will post a picture when I try the new lipstick.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Reading through the last few posts, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one that did glitter lips years ago...I kind of think lots did as a throwback to the 70s! lol I still have some in those brown and copper colors but I haven't worn them in forever so I'll probably end up pitching them sometime again soon when I clean out my make up kit. I do however own a red lipstick that has subtle shimmer to it, Berry Sorbet by Maybelline. It's a soft rose color with blue undertones. I love it because it works well with lots of my liners...I need to find a decent nude liner or primer though so I can wear it "as is" for an even more toned down look when I want a hint of red but not "look at me" lips! ;)

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I recently bought a Stratton lipstick holder with mirror and it still had the alarming orange 60's lipstick in it. It's strange to smell vintage lipsticks now because they smell so greasy and almost parrafin-y. Takes me back to when my mum used to go out with my dad on a Saturday night!

The other thing I noticed today is how nice and vibrant the Revlon shades are compated with Boots No 7, which I used to wear a lot. They all seem to be shades of mud brown / peachy neutrals now.

I think it's just my lipsticks have gotten bolder as I have gotten older!

Last edited:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I just made a MAC blowout purchase with xmas money -- all NOT red:

rb-mac-cremesheen-black-knight-lipstick-de.jpg

Black Knight

MAC-Violetta-Tip.jpg

Violetta

please_me.jpg

Please Me

mac_warpspeed001.jpg

Warp Speed

Can't wait to wear them. I like clown-y makeup so these are right up my alley! Probably not many's taste here, though lol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
While I probably couldn't wear most of those, I really appreciate unique makeup and I think it is so fun that you wear it! I love "costumey" makeup. I love Violetta and I'd wear Please Me... is Warp Speed really white?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
It's more silver-y and not very opaque! lol I don't think I would like full opaque white lipstick. All other colours are game, though :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oh man, do those look amazing Amy! I'll be perusing the MAC counter soon, as I have a fully loaded giftcard and desperately want the other Daphne Guiness lipstick, Approching Storm. I think that's the one she's wearing in the picture:

Daphne-Guinness-MAC-Makeup-Collaboration-Pictures.jpg

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm usually not a big fan of the MAC LE collections, it seems they trot a new one out just about every week! But I do really like everything in the Daphne Guinness collection.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I've been thinking about picking up Violetta. Can you post a picture of you wearing it?
Thanks!

Yep -- had to get that one online so when it arrives keep an eye on my FB!! The girl at the MAC counter told me they didn't make it anymore (she was rude, too). Product knowledge fail. lol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
MAC's Gaga 1:
396347_10150483744734164_624014163_8723349_2008429912_n.jpg

MAC Warp Speed:
404751_10150483744789164_624014163_8723350_239304244_n.jpg

MAC Black Knight:
407301_10150483744949164_624014163_8723352_709200968_n.jpg

MAC Gaga 2:
405267_10150483745024164_624014163_8723353_806446755_n.jpg

MAC Lady Danger:
385786_10150483745109164_624014163_8723354_58824826_n.jpg

Sorry about my mug so many times lol

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne, I love all of those on you, but especially the Gaga 2 and Lady Danger. Also, great t-shirt.

I'll wear sparkly lipstick if the sparkles are subtle, as opposed to looking like I spilled glitter all over my mouth. I prefer sparkly nudes and pinky/rosy colors to sparkly reds, which just make me feel like a clown.

RainEdayWoman

Familiar Face
I know the title says other than red but when i think red I think Crayola RED. I mostly wear Besame Red Velvet line in the coordinating liner. I sometimes darken/blend the edges with Sephora 941d #12 Chic Choco (note: blended well no tacky dark line around the lips. Blended softly over the color to add a bit more brown base to the Red Velvet) Gives it a soft look not so stark for daytime.)

On the other end of the spectrum I sometimes wear Besame Exotic Pink. I am not typically a pink girl. But was given a tube to try by Besame as a thank you and apologies for not having my original order in stock. They ended up giving me the pink to try and upgraded my order to the lip liner set which I LOVE so much more than the gold tube (and I do love the tube it is so pretty) mainly due to their lip liner being awesome. worn with a pinkish nude liner not sure of the brand since I've had it for awhile. It mutes the pink ever so slightly.

I also like Besames Cherry lipbalm that I recieved in the sample pack. It give just enough transparent color to go without wearing anything when doing a dramatic eye.

Other times I will go for more coppery shades, browns or nothing at all, just a dab of lip balm.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Amy, I *really* like Lady Danger on you.

Warp Speed reminds me of the Nivea shimmer lip balm in the pale pink tube. A pearly, silvery, almost-white pale pink.

Last edited:

Caroline H

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne,
I agree with the others, the Gaga 2 and Lady Danger really look great on you! The Violetta is beautiful too, now I want a tube! :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Warp Speed reminds me of the Nivea shimmer lip balm in the pale pink tube. A pearly, silvery, almost-white pale pink.

I took one of those tubes you put in the beauty box, and I adore it! I often put it under MAC's Bombshell (a true pink) to give it an extra glow. :)

As an aside, I gravitate toward Lady Danger every time I go to the MAC counter. Maybe I should just pull my finger out and buy it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana