Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

johnnydnh

Familiar Face
Our Vintage Town

We also should have one automated stop/go sign on Main Street. How about a little park for those flirtation walks under moonlit skies? We also need one beat cop (picture John C. Reilly as Happy Jack) to walk the streets....just for appearances you understand.

Irena

One of the Regulars
I'll be postmistress... but I'll need a mail-carrier, unless you'll all pick up your mail at the post office. That wouldn't be too bad, now would it?

I think we'll also need a skating rink (and a pond nearby for ice-skating in the winter) and a switchboard operator.

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
Undertaker...

The town would need an Undertaker because I would be dying to live there !lol

On the serious note, I'll take care of the Restaurant.

We'd need a Speakeasy...and Keystone Cops so no one would get caught !

johnnydnh

Familiar Face
LizzieMaine said:
A kindly old doctor who makes house calls.

A minor-league ballpark, and a team to play in it.

Kids playing kick-the-can in the street at dusk.

I was just thinking about the ballpark!! And a kindly old doctor that makes house calls just like Moonlight Graham!

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
johnny you can be in charge of the baseball team since you love baseball so.
We need someone to run the beautyshop, and of course a barbershop for the men. Obviously we need a haberdasher, and decodoll can be in charge of the ladies hats.
Oh, and a milkman to deliver our milk straight to our kitchens in those glass bottles.
Since we need a schoolteacher maybe Rosie would be up for that position.

Rosie

One Too Many
ah! No teaching for me in this town. lol I'll run the local beautyshop by day and the speakeasy at night. Everynight will be great. I'll serve great big wopping plates of food and drink for less than 2 bucks and try my best to book the greatest musicians. Maybe I'll run the bakery too, if I get an apprentice. We need a law man.

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
johnnydnh said:
How about a little park for those flirtation walks under moonlit skies?

Yes, with a small pond to reflect the moonlight.

The drug store/soda fountain needs a wooden telephone booth and a good supply of comic books.

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
A hotel, just across from the railroad station, with crusty local characters loafing around the lobby, an officious desk clerk, and a snappy-talking bellhop who knows all the local gossip.

A few Spanish-American War Vets would make perfect crusty local characters.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rosie said:
ah! No teaching for me in this town. lol I'll run the local beautyshop by day and the speakeasy at night. Everynight will be great. I'll serve great big wopping plates of food and drink for less than 2 bucks and try my best to book the greatest musicians. Maybe I'll run the bakery too, if I get an apprentice. We need a law man.
I'd be more than happy to be a co-owner of the bakery with you. It would be right next to the candy store, with shelves of penny candy and the finest chocolates. Every town needs a candy store.... hmm, suddenly I'm in the mood for a Strawberry croissant and some swedish fish.

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
OH BOY!!!!

I have thought of this way too many times....WE CAN DO IT!

Actually Root and I were talkin' bout this here situation while I was on holiday in Monrovia. I've found a place.... It's in Missouri... As much land as you need out there... just bought 100+ acres more would be needed though. I guess it'll take a lot more than that though. IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!! Kinda like that move "The Village" without the imaginary monsters and such.

Anyway I would open a night club/restaurant. As I plan to do in the future... somewhere. 100% late 1920's/early 1930's...a modernist wonderland!!!!

I second the nomination for Rob as Mayor!!!!!

YOWZAAAAAAAA!!!!! It will be the most! AND HOW!!!:D :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk