Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Out of the Humidor: Weekly Cigar Corner: Current Discussion: General Smoking 01/26/07

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
My go to n/c cigar is the PAN '64, or the PAN '26 when I can find them. My go to Cuban is the PSD4. Right now my PSD4 stock is low, only about 8 sticks left, though with lots of bloom on them :)

M8

warbird

One Too Many
Martinis at 8 said:
My go to n/c cigar is the PAN '64, or the PAN '26 when I can find them. My go to Cuban is the PSD4. Right now my PSD4 stock is low, only about 8 sticks left, though with lots of bloom on them :)

M8

mmmmmmmmmm bloom is good. :eusa_clap

PAN's and PAM's are both good. I really enjoy the standard Padron 2000 and 3000 also. I had a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte yesterday, which is great inexpensive smoke.

warbird

One Too Many
RedPop4 said:
I had, last night, a La Flor Dominicana 2000 Series in a corona size that NAILED me. I don't know if I could handle the Ligero or Double Ligero.

Some of these new blends are powerful smokes, lots of pepper in them. And high nicotine content. Trying to compete with Cuban Bolivars lovers I guess.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I can recall my Japanese History prof in his office, lighting a pipe bowl
of Captain Black, before scolding me for a paper I wrote....lol
I'm tempted to try some Frog Morton.

spiridon

A-List Customer
RedPop4 said:
Cuban Bolis. mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tommy, feel free to bring a couple of Bolis with you and join Castanza, 7Mag, and myself for a little "mini-herf" this Saturday, downtown Mobile.:D

I have a PAM and a couple other "favorites" set aside for the occasion.:D :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, I've had an eventful day. At 9:20 my new bookcases from Ikea arrived. Spent the next several hours assembling them. Worked up quite a sweat, but I now have a lot of very old books in bookshelves instead of boxes. In the process I discovered a beautiful leather scrap book, with 224 pictures of my mother's family's trip to Europe in 1937. I didn't even know I had it!
I finally flopped. It's cicada time, so the back yard is full of chittering cicadas, and the cats are bringing their little half emerged bodies into the house. It's an annual ritual. I made myself a mojito, lit up my Upmann cigar, and sat in the back yard and enjoyed myself. The guy at the cigar store said this cigar would be good for a novice smoker like me, and boy was he right. I sat there as the light faded from the sky and went into a deep reverie. Now I get it, guys. I will be doing this on a regular basis from now on. Thanks!
P.S. My Mama cat just ate her cicada. So everyone's happy.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
dhermann1 said:
Well, I've had an eventful day. I made myself a mojito, lit up my Upmann cigar, and sat in the back yard and enjoyed myself. The guy at the cigar store said this cigar would be good for a novice smoker like me, and boy was he right. I sat there as the light faded from the sky and went into a deep reverie. Now I get it, guys. I will be doing this on a regular basis from now on. Thanks!
QUOTE]

I always enjoy seeing or reading when someone else "gets it"!

Unfortunately, my favorite spot to enjoy a good cigar just "got it" from the anti-smoking lobby -- no more smoking in public places after Sept 24 in Tennessee. And then Lulu and I went to see a baseball game the other day for the first time in years, two of Castro's finest in my Guyabera shirt pocket and a Panama hat on my head -- the first thing they announce is "This is a no smoking stadium"!

I sort of sympathized with the No-Smoking Storm Troopers on the indoor ban -- but fer crissake, now a guy can't enjoy the national pasttime with a good cigar outside even? I 've outlived my time I'm afraid. Anyone else feel this way?

- Not the Lulu

warbird

One Too Many
luvthatlulu said:
dhermann1 said:
I 've outlived my time I'm afraid. Anyone else feel this way?

- Not the Lulu

YES!

By the way, not all places are banned, just some. I did my best to get as many exemptions put on the bill as ammendments as possible. Sorry i just couldn't kill it this time. The anti-smoking zealots are strong now. A national push for freedom lovers is the only way to combat it now.

warbird

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
Well, I've had an eventful day. At 9:20 my new bookcases from Ikea arrived. Spent the next several hours assembling them. Worked up quite a sweat, but I now have a lot of very old books in bookshelves instead of boxes. In the process I discovered a beautiful leather scrap book, with 224 pictures of my mother's family's trip to Europe in 1937. I didn't even know I had it!
I finally flopped. It's cicada time, so the back yard is full of chittering cicadas, and the cats are bringing their little half emerged bodies into the house. It's an annual ritual. I made myself a mojito, lit up my Upmann cigar, and sat in the back yard and enjoyed myself. The guy at the cigar store said this cigar would be good for a novice smoker like me, and boy was he right. I sat there as the light faded from the sky and went into a deep reverie. Now I get it, guys. I will be doing this on a regular basis from now on. Thanks!
P.S. My Mama cat just ate her cicada. So everyone's happy.

Welcome to the club. :eusa_clap

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Ah, it's been too long once again. I am glad to see the original "Out of the Humidor thread has continued in my absence. I am really glad to see as well other out of the humidor threads have been started. It's great to see a discussion continue. Cheers gents!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana