Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paintings that showcase vintage fashion

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
^^^^ I agree! great thread!

Kees van Dongen (1877-1968), born in Holland and a naturalized Frenchman, began his career as a Fauvist painter, later acquiring a reputation as a portraitist and socialite.

the next 2 from the 1920s

circa 1913

the master himself....as a young man...when he was happy and poor.... living the bohemian life in Montmartre

later in life

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Let's not forget those great pulp magazine illustrators of the '30s, '40s, and '50s . . .

pulp_art_fc.jpg

Tuesday_Next

Familiar Face
A great source for period illustrations is Today's Inspiration. It features magazine and book illustrators mostly but its a lot of work from the early part of the 20th century, before photography became the go-to for magazine illustrations.

Like this:
10128749223_a174eaac4d_o.jpg
and this
69182426_73944ffcc9_o.jpg

If this is a look of interest to you, there is also a lot of groups on Flickr too. I can find the specific links if anyone's interested.

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks for sharing the link, Tuesday. What a great resource for illustrations!

Here's a nice painting showing the function of sleeve garters
(which incidentally I haven't seen many people wearing here, I guess it is pointless if your sleeves are the correct length)

The Cypriot
William Dobell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana