Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pale or Tan?

Girl Friday

Practically Family
That's a tough one, I think both are beautiful, well, not if the tan is over done. I know a couple of ladies who are starting to look like beef jerky:p I think that is tanning bed, tan though.

I didn't have a chance to get out in that sun at all this summer, and I am feeling rather pale, especially for someone with an olive complexion, sometimes a little color looks a lot better.

Moodle

New in Town
I'll be the lone voice of ghostie dissent: I like being pale. I think I look fine with a bit more color (I grew up in California, so usually got a bit browner during the summer), but I just prefer not having a tan. Makes me think I'm safe(r) from skin cancer. :p

As far as other folks go, though...I'm not a fan of tanorexics, but beyond that it's really just what looks good on each individual person.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I'm not impartial to a bit of colour on my skin in the summer, but I've never been one to tan. I have fair skin so there's no point trying to force it to do something unnatural. My sister spends forever fake tanning her pale skin, whereas I can't really be bothered :rolleyes: Plus, I want to have lovely soft skin when I'm older, not skin like the leather of an old boot!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Pale rocks! Especially after they gouged out a giant piece of my flesh to test for skin cancer. I've even stayed out of the sun since my late teens. I'm predispositioned to skin cancer (cancer runs amok among my family and sister has skin cancer). It makes the decision way too easy.

Besides - there are way too many friends who end up looking like leather bags at the end of the summer. (I don't have the heart to tell them to ease up). A healthy glow is one thing - a burnt cracky leathery look is another.

Just an opinion from a transparent colored girl.

ShortClara

One Too Many
The Shirt said:
Just an opinion from a transparent colored girl.

LOL I wonder if we can start our own transparent "race"? lol lol We'll be chuds and live below the ground far from the light!

nyx

One of the Regulars
I actually do use a self-tanner in summer, because my lower legs have a different skin texture than the rest of my skin. So, they are always pale white, while the rest of me is a little darker. In summer, I like to wear skirts or capris, so I put self tanner on from the knees down to even me out. So, I prefer a hint of tan, just so I'm not two different colors.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I prefer the look of a tan. I really don't tan well at all, though, I'm usually so light I'm off the charts for drugstore foundation. I kind of hate that. I also have very PINK skin, not ivory. Aggravating.

I think a "gently sun-kissed" tan is the happy medium. Sort of a '50s beach bunny look, a little color across the cheekbones, not a dark or orange-artificial tan.

My boyfriend likes pale-edging-on-outright-goth though. So its ok I can't tan. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21