Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pendleton shirts

Metatron

One Too Many
sizing

Hello pendleton fans,
I've got my eye on a couple of used shirts online.
I am between medium and large 40/42,
Any tips on sizing? Do they fit true to size?

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Metatron, for used Pendleton you must inquire about the shirts actual measurements. Since they are wool if washed incorrectly they will shrink considerably. The chances of that are high. The pit to pit and sleeve length are essential to know.

carldelo

One Too Many
Metatron, for used Pendleton you must inquire about the shirts actual measurements. Since they are wool if washed incorrectly they will shrink considerably. The chances of that are high. The pit to pit and sleeve length are essential to know.

Ditto to this advice, the tag is not helpful on vintage wool shirts, except that you can expect the shirt will likely be smaller than what the tag indicates.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Also, worth nothing is that Pendelton's sizing has changed over the years. The older ones tend to run smaller than newer ones and very recent Pendeltons run longer.

I actually have my Pendeltons dry cleaned since they are essentially an outer wear item and don't usually require frequent washing.

Metatron

One Too Many
It's funny cause one of the ones i'm considering has short sleeves. You'd think that short sleeves and wool are contradictory, but then I suppose if you layer on top of it it is still a valid winter garment.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Also, worth nothing is that Pendelton's sizing has changed over the years. The older ones tend to run smaller than newer ones and very recent Pendeltons run longer.

I actually have my Pendeltons dry cleaned since they are essentially an outer wear item and don't usually require frequent washing.

I have mine dry cleaned too and I always wear them with a tee-shirt. Wool is great for not holding odor and can handle multiple wearings between cleanings.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Can anyone explain the Lobo line? Higher end than Pendleton proper? Lower end than Pendleton proper? Was there a focus behind the Lobo line? I'm confused why it was necessary. Any insight is appreciated.

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
I'll have to agree with the older Pendletons running a bit small. I have both a new one and an old one in the same size. The washable one's while not made in the USA (They should be) do wash very nicely and are comfortable. My "Trail' model is in the Green w/ slight flecks of brown has the suede elbow patches along with Pendleton tag at pocket's edge. I bought it as a close-out at half price. A t-shirt under mine with 20 year old blanket lined, Carhartt Chore jacket was more than enough in the high 20's today.
Retromoto

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
I picked this Board shirt up from one of their outlet stores a couple years ago during a sidewalk sale for a real decent price. One of my favorite shirts.

IMG_3534_zpstcjodedd.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Not a fan of all the changes they have made. If you want good flannels now, you have to go for Iron Heart and The Flat Head. Those two (specifically IH) stole pendleton's flannel crown a while ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot