Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

bendingoak

Vendor
Thanks everyone who pre ordered the Indy Everyman hat. Everything went well. Order is submitted and the tuff part is waiting for the initial run to come in. I'm hoping to keep these in stock for everyone. Next will be the non Indy offering. I'm hoping it will be soon and will do another pre-order.

Reactions: RJR

bendingoak

Vendor
Just wanted to share this hat I made for Freddie Davis JR. son of late great master hatter Alexander Conley III

2ikxgxv.jpg

Reactions: RJR

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Just wanted to share this hat I made for Freddie Davis JR. son of late great master hatter Alexander Conley III

2ikxgxv.jpg

That is awesome! When I first started researching felt hats, I just wanted to get one hat and I found a video of Alexander Conley III on youtube and decided I was going to contact him, sadly I was 2 months too late as he had passed away. I felt like I had lost out on an opportunity to meet the man and also maybe get some mentoring from him. I live close to Seattle. If you have Freddie's contact information and he would be okay passing it along that would be awesome. Would like to talk to him.

bendingoak

Vendor
I'm sorry to hear you missed out on meeting Alexander and buying a hat from him. I'm sorry to say Freddie didn't learn anything from Alexander as that was one of the first things I asked him when I met Freddie face to face.

John

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I'm sorry to hear you missed out on meeting Alexander and buying a hat from him. I'm sorry to say Freddie didn't learn anything from Alexander as that was one of the first things I asked him when I met Freddie face to face.

Thanks John! Yeah it was such a bummer when I found out he passed away. Watching that video I got the sense that he was one of the last real gentlemen out there. That started my endeavor to make my own hats though and in that time I have made about 25 hats. Getting closer on getting all my own tools. Did Freddie ever mention what happened with all of Alexanders equipment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points