Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice one Jeff. I love the pitter patter of rain drops on my brim. I'm going to San Antonio this weekend for a wedding and it's supposed to be raining so the beaver felt might get some more testing.

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
Here's my Moonstone Akubra Campdraft Deluxe fresh from bolting the 6 feet from my car to the garage. Yesterday afternoon we had a freak downpour... 1.75" of rain in about 35 minutes.

MCrider

A-List Customer
Caught outside in a sudden rain while doing some work. My Akubra Snowy River laughed it off.

S5031812.jpg

Of course it was made to handle A LOT more than I (or Mother Nature) can dish out!
By the way I picked this Snowy River up at an antique store for $12.

:D

Last edited:

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Took a quick trip to the shop to get some eggs and butter (my oldest wants to make cupcakes)

The idea was to rush in and out just between showers. Obviously it didn't work as planned

2e55fa76015ac8366eb489ca8288afe1.jpg

My Panizza saw water for the first time. On a positive note, the hat stays on in strong winds and keeps most of the rain from my glasses [emoji1]

tommyK

One Too Many
Bowlerman, that's a beautiful crease even all wet.

I don't mind any of my vintage hats getting wet but some are just meant for it

58426cda-18fa-4443-ae26-774e040af3d1_zpsvp2jmgig.jpg c08a3bbe-72a2-41dd-af26-510cea339e16_zpsoevwqp2b.jpg
Royal Stetson

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Earth is also a element so... my hat flew from my head like a flying saucer and landed on the ground when I was harvesting some potatoes.
20150603dirt.jpg

Brushing it left it as good as new.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
I've just returned from walking into town. It started raining, that horrible fine drizzley stuff that soaks you through. Not to worry, I was protected by an Akubra Fed IV!
image.jpg
(Hmm I don't know why my pics always come out sideways when I post from my phone?!)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
first rain around here in more than a couple weeks and I was happy to be caught in it and happy to be wearing the CD

my head is bone dry ... my feet are not

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sweet, Moon!

This storm's bark was worse than

7aaa8671d719ca91b5690f0af041ac10.jpg

it's bite. Too bad, I was looking forward to breaking in this portis TAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Haha! I wish. We could use a little more. That storm had a lot of thunder but very little precipitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got a little soaking on on my beaver pecan VS. I needed some jeans without holes or paint on them so while in the dressing room at Penny's I used the it for a photo booth. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto