Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I recommend hanging a soaked hat ... not a fan of that bogus rest it on the crown rule ... leaves flat spots on the crown of a soaked hat

dab around the brim and some of the crown with a paper towel soaking up what you can ... mess with the shape to get it where you like it ... and hang it up for the day anywhere not near a heat source and you are good to go

I recommend hanging a soaked hat ... not a fan of that bogus rest it on the crown rule ... leaves flat spots on the crown of a soaked hat

dab around the brim and some of the crown with a paper towel soaking up what you can ... mess with the shape to get it where you like it ... and hang it up for the day anywhere not near a heat source and you are good to go

Hmmm...never had that problem. However, my experience with completely soaked hats is limited, so I'll defer. I have a few of these around the house, too. Could come in handy for such an occasion.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Rainy and windy today. Needed something to face the elements for me:
bex5T1x.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
While taking our dog out for his walk Sunday night we almost got some actual rain for about 10 seconds:

Storm_Watch_2016_zpsjo7wg3qx.jpg

What are these things falling from the sky? They are strange and wet. I think I'd better drive 4 mph or drive straight off this road!

I can say that-- i spent most of my life there and was there Saturday- Tuesday this week. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willybob

A-List Customer
Whatever you do, don't leave in on a table brim down. This can promote mold stain which does not come out. let air circulate around all the hat. I left one on a towel once and the towel held the moisture and mold showed up on the brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points