Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

The Disney "Handover" proves it's weather-worthiness tonight when I walked a very grateful dog in the rain.

7254317d70a691c16f79ab30d4ceb710.jpg
632bb5b530da7b1f1285a522469ca528.jpg

And still smells better than the dog!:)

Powered by happy thoughts
I didn't notice the back bow earlier...sweet. Interesting configuration of that bow.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've been trying to get out and do some walking during breaks at the office. Today I got out during my 1/2 hour lunch and took a walk. The sun was out and so were the cherry blossoms.

i-fktbS7t-XL.jpg

i-TLDK2vT-L.jpg

Then a drop here and there started failing. Shortly after it started raining, and at the half-way point it started to dump huge drops. I got rain through the top seams of my shoes and felt the cold rain on my feet. By the time I got back my Marathon was pretty well soaked. It has taken rain before but not quite so much. It's a few hours later now, and the hat has dried out and is no worse for wear.

i-gHkk6vK-XL.jpg

i-XFsD7Hh-XL.jpg

Marathon

I've been trying to get out and do some walking during breaks at the office. Today I got out during my 1/2 hour lunch and took a walk. The sun was out and so were the cherry blossoms.

i-fktbS7t-XL.jpg

i-TLDK2vT-L.jpg

Then a drop here and there started failing. Shortly after it started raining, and at the half-way point it started to dump huge drops. I got rain through the top seams of my shoes and felt the cold rain on my feet. By the time I got back my Marathon was pretty well soaked. It has taken rain before but not quite so much. It's a few hours later now, and the hat has dried out and is no worse for wear.

i-gHkk6vK-XL.jpg

i-XFsD7Hh-XL.jpg

Marathon
Wow, dodged a bullet. I was indoors when we had a gully washer.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I used to try and use umbrellas when I worked in Portland. Most of the time the wind was blowing so hard the umbrella would get blown inside out anyway... So, a good hat and top coat are really the way to go.

Just to add an update on the two soaking I got above in the Penneys Marathon, and then the Akubra Cobber Pedy: the hats dried out just fine, no worse for wear, and after a little brushing they went back into their respective hat boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21