Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photoplay Magazine Scans

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I began scanning some of my Photoplay magazines over the weekend. Figured I share some of them here ;) This is the October 1935 issue. Enjoy!

1935_oct_01_cover.jpg

1935_oct_02_page_miss_glory.jpg

1935_oct_03_hepburn.jpg

After not using my scanner for almost 6 months, I forgot how to use it for a minute! Don't worry -- the rest aren't this blurry!

1935_oct_04_eilers.jpg

1935_oct_05_food_01.jpg

1935_oct_06_food.jpg

1935_oct_07_fashion.jpg

1935_oct_08_fashion.jpg

1935_oct_09_fashion.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Oh, these are fantastic! That "Page Miss Glory" article cracked me up. It's such a funny movie; Frank McHugh especially is a hoot. And look at the picture with the telephone. Speak of a composite;that's a composite adding Dick Powell. He wasn't even in that scene! lol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I haven't watched PAGE MISS GLORY in years, but I might pull it out sometime this week. It's a cute movie. I love Frank McHugh. I always tell my husband that he resembles him....

I love all those Warner's guys -- Ned Sparks, Frank, Hugh Herbert, Guy Kibbee, and especially Allen Jenkins. I'd rather go on a date with them than some dashing leading lover ;)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Amy Jeanne said:
It's BOSTON BLACKIE! Get him boys!

That's got to be one of the most sensuous shots of Lombard's face ever. And if that Camel ad was anything to go by, Mrs. Brookfield van Rensselaer was a right hottie.

Why do I keep reading the headline Busy Women Go Places in Enna Jetticks as Busty Women Go Places in Enna Jetticks?

Question: Why Male Stars Marry Plain Girls.
Answer: Joan Crawford.

Sunny

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:
I haven't watched PAGE MISS GLORY in years, but I might pull it out sometime this week. It's a cute movie. I love Frank McHugh. I always tell my husband that he resembles him....

I love all those Warner's guys -- Ned Sparks, Frank, Hugh Herbert, Guy Kibbee, and especially Allen Jenkins. I'd rather go on a date with them than some dashing leading lover ;)

Imagine a husband like Frank McHugh! Awww.... :D Allen Jenkins is great, too. I'm not up on the others - yet - but I'm getting there.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Brian Sheridan said:
Post more!

:)
Will do! Got plenty of mags and I want to eventually scan ALL of them. I got two "new" in the mail today -- March '31 and June '33!! Both look like very good issues!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
June 1921

Photoplay for June 1921. Maybe a little before your time, but still fascinating, especially the advertisements!

These ones are a bit crooked because the magazine had some water damage (as you can see!) and a wonky spine.

1921_june_01_cover.jpg

1921_june_02_victrola.jpg

1921_june_03_martha.jpg

1921_june_04_julian.jpg

1921_june_05_waves.jpg

1921_june_06_fans.jpg

1921_june_09_stutz.jpg

1921_june_12_hair.jpg

1921_june_13_milkweed.jpg

1921_june_14_bebe.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Whoa, those ads! That shampoo ad recommends washing the hair once a week. And the MOVIE FAN-ATICS are funny! That reminds me of the cartoons in mid-nineteenth-century Punch.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
THANKS Amy Jeanne for taking the time to post such high-quality scans, those are fantastic! Both the earlier and later ones. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Brian Sheridan said:
How about that pic of Cary Grant with a pencil-thin mustache?

Yikes!
Wow Brian, Good eye - I'd passed that picture up assuming it to be Clark Gable till I saw your post. Strange indeed.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
March 1931

For those interested...
I scanned another one this weekend. This is one of my favourite issues and the cover art is my favourite out of my whole collection. Enjoy...

1931_march_01_cover.jpg

1931_march_02_just_imagine.jpg

1931_march_03_caesar.jpg

1931_march_03_sit_tight.jpg

1931_march_04_dancing.jpg

1931_march_05_girls.jpg

1931_march_07_dolores.jpg

THE BEST FIGURE IN HOLLYWOOD!!! The runners-up are...

1931_march_08_runners_up.jpg

1931_march_09_clara.jpg

1931_march_12_millie.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points