Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
19624568_1562183943832243_197502335939772416_n.jpg

19428789_247991582358338_3867110127215575040_n.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Nice German shorty. If going to the War and Peace show a few of these turn up but are often the long leather coats cut off at the waist and converted. It can look good if done well but they are usually button ups.
Nice :) Most old fringed Lewis's I have come across have had the hassles cut off.

d4nimal

Familiar Face

You'll imagine my surprise when I joined the forum this weekend and discovered some pictures of my Schott Hand Oiled Perfecto on this thread. Honored to have made it into someone's "cool jacket" category. I'll agree it is a touch long maybe, but I'm still relatively tall for the frame (5'11" and 145 lbs), so I hope it doesn't look too strange on me with my young person's low cut jeans :p Sorry for the diversion, I know this thread is for other people's jackets.

IMG_4873.jpg

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
You'll imagine my surprise when I joined the forum this weekend and discovered some pictures of my Schott Hand Oiled Perfecto on this thread. Honored to have made it into someone's "cool jacket" category. I'll agree it is a touch long maybe, but I'm still relatively tall for the frame (5'11" and 145 lbs), so I hope it doesn't look too strange on me with my young person's low cut jeans :p Sorry for the diversion, I know this thread is for other people's jackets.

View attachment 78354

I think it looks fantastic. Leather looks great.

d4nimal

Familiar Face
I think it looks fantastic. Leather looks great.
Thanks! My first "real" leather jacket, bought it almost on impulse when it was 50% off during a winter sale. One of those lucky finds that I bought when I probably didn't know enough to make a great decision, but still love today.

View attachment 78354

Literally a breathtaking jacket. One of the nicest I've ever seen and I'm happy to say that it fits you just as nicely. Maybe a bit longer than the 613/618 but it still sits right around your belt if I'm seeing this right, just where it should be. 10/10 jacket.

Edward

Bartender

As a rule I've never been a fan of the fringing (though I have considered buying one on the cheap if it came up and just cutting off the offending trim), but I'm still kicking myself for not spending £200 on a Lewis Pathfinder back in 2002, or evne the then-new price of £400, comparec to what they go for now.... I had a vague approximation that was close enough for show-use, but I'll always want to put together a screen-accurate Tim Curry jacket.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
As a rule I've never been a fan of the fringing (though I have considered buying one on the cheap if it came up and just cutting off the offending trim), but I'm still kicking myself for not spending £200 on a Lewis Pathfinder back in 2002, or evne the then-new price of £400, comparec to what they go for now.... I had a vague approximation that was close enough for show-use, but I'll always want to put together a screen-accurate Tim Curry jacket.
Cutting off the fringing is fine if you get a jacket cheap, but needs to be 'undercut' under the top seam if that makes sense as there is always some smart ars* who will tell you your jacket was originally fringed. Sometimes we can just do without experts.

Edward

Bartender
Cutting off the fringing is fine if you get a jacket cheap, but needs to be 'undercut' under the top seam if that makes sense as there is always some smart ars* who will tell you your jacket was originally fringed. Sometimes we can just do without experts.

I know what you mean. Wouldn't bother me, though - if I did that it'd be because I'd saved a couple of hundred on it. That sort of thing tends to shut up that type of expert. ;)

I've no clue what that is, I stumbled upon those photos and thought the jackets look really cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points