Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of hatters tools

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Oh I see! The shaped blocks, I can see exactly how I could use them. I tried to query via Google or on ebay for hat blocks, I do not see how to get the fedora shapped block. Did you make this? Any suggestions as to resources for aquiring one?

Curious - What is the Block Spinner? Used for? (Of course, if you say for spinning the blocks of course I will have to hit my forehead and say DUH!)

Seeing utility for tools I never knew existed, Eric -

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Oh I see!

Curious - What is the Block Spinner? Used for? (Of course, if you say for spinning the blocks of course I will have to hit my forehead and say DUH!) -

1, 2, 3 hit yourself in the forehead!
Blocks are tricky to find depending on size. I've gotten some of mine via the Internet. Others...gifts.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Head struck! Duh!

Thanks for the answer folks. I have sent a query to the web address above asking for order assistance. I can see were, me the novice fedora sport'n guy, could really use a block. I was walking the dogs early this week and happened a chance light rain and struggled with managing with the resultant soggy fedora. In a real rain - I do not know or wish it to happen - but suspect that it has a small probability.

I will post when I recieve the block. I have asked whether it is reccomended to get the block spinner.

Thanks again. Eric -

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Head struck! Duh!

Thanks for the answer folks. I have sent a query to the web address above asking for order assistance. I can see were, me the novice fedora sport'n guy, could really use a block. I was walking the dogs early this week and happened a chance light rain and struggled with managing with the resultant soggy fedora. In a real rain - I do not know or wish it to happen - but suspect that it has a small probability.

I will post when I recieve the block. I have asked whether it is reccomended to get the block spinner.

Thanks again. Eric -

Keep in mind that if you order a block in your exact size you will have to remove the sweatband to block the hat and then sew it anew. To block with the sweat attached you have to use a block one size smaller.

Last edited:

ejbhats

A-List Customer
I have gleaned through nearly all of this fascinating thread! One item is still a mystery and has remained unmentioned... a brim stretcher! Anyone?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Shape holder.

ShapeRetainer.jpg

majormoore

Vendor
Buler, outstanding keep finding these old sales catalog sheets, I would love to see more of what you have or found, it sheds info that seems to be lost.

Major Moore

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
wow-- out of context they look like such huge contraptions.

A recent message with another lounger had me assessing my own "hat tools" and I thought why not post them here? Seemed like the best thread to put 'em in.

So I know most of you probably have a lot more equipment of a lot more sophisticated nature, but what would you all consider an acceptable minimum of hat equipment?

0052copy.jpg

(yes, my only hat brush is actually an unused shoe brush...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider