Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Porter beer?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Founders porter is grand. Excellent hops, slight coffee flavor, chocolate hints and roboust taste.

May I suggest down this path you also try Founders Breakfast Oatmeal Stout. A stout, not a porter, but it is just a great taste. Black pour with lacing. It pours out of th bottle like maple syrup. Smell has a hint of strong licorice and molasses. You can smell and taste strong chocolate malt, malt roast smells, thick espresso smell and taste, with no limit of hint of citrus. Heavy bodied and with a velvety embrace. Hands down my standout beer!

A while back I was sipping one down at the boathouse.
IMG_1446-L.jpg

Back to stout discussion. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Now you clowns have me searching for Founders Porter.
I found pale ale, but not Porter.
I'll keep searching in the area. [huh]

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
A couple of years ago I was in Colonial Williamsburg, VA and they had a porter called Old Stitch. If they sold it near me, I'd drink it every day.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
There is a liquor store down from my house, that is listed as a seller of Founders Porter.
We'll see tomorrow night...
Although after visiting their site, I have to say Backwoods ba***rd sounds good too.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It probably is. ;)

Found it at a liquor store down the street, so I bought 2.
Also bought one breakfast stout, and one Dirty ba***rd (Scottish blend).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko