Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post-Apocalyptic Films of the 80's

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Terminator

"According to the franchise's most recent story line, 8:11 PM on 19 April 2011 marks the precise moment that the artificially intelligent Skynet global digital defense network becomes self-aware and triggers a worldwide nuclear disaster. On April 21, Skynet deploys legions of robot killers to wage war on the remaining humans."

s-SKYNET-large.jpg

Duck and cover, you guys!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Six String Samurai"

The Russians have invaded the U.S. after nuclear war. The last surviving bastion of civilization is Lost Vegas, where Elvis ruled as king until succumbing to old age.

Now, rock 'n roll warriors from all over, fighting it out for the title of King. The story follows Buddy, a sword-wielding warrior. He fights other warriors along the way, as well as being pursued by Death (who looks very similar to the guitarist Slash), who is killing off the other combatants in a ruthless bid to secure his position as King.

Wierd movie, but very stylish and fun.

59Lark

Practically Family
I read the book, and the movies script was practical rewritten, in the book society was in bad shape but their was something left, and the journey was to deliver vaccine, in the movie it wasnt like that at all, only the dangerous journey was the only thing they both had in common. Typical hollywood buy the book, and change it. However love George P. and miss his style in motion picture and unfortunately turner or amc dont show a lot of his films for some reason. 59LARK

59Lark

Practically Family
I read the book, and the movies script was practical rewritten, in the book society was in bad shape but their was something left, and the journey was to deliver vaccine, in the movie it wasnt like that at all, only the dangerous journey was the only thing they both had in common. Typical hollywood buy the book, and change it. However love George P. and miss his style in motion picture and unfortunately turner or amc dont show a lot of his films for some reason. 59LARK

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Ruins

RUIN - An animated short set in a post-apocalyptic universe.

Not from the `80s, but definitely Post Apoc genre. The CGI puts me in the mind of I ALM LEGEND, tho it certainly seems more like a Terminator sequel outtake.
Enjoy

[video=youtube;doteMqP6eSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pompidou

One Too Many
I was going to mention the atrocity that was Waterworld, but I think that was actually early 90s. It was pretty much Mad Max on boats, but wasn't very fun to watch.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
RUIN - An animated short set in a post-apocalyptic universe.

Not from the `80s, but definitely Post Apoc genre. The CGI puts me in the mind of I ALM LEGEND, tho it certainly seems more like a Terminator sequel outtake.
Enjoy

[video=youtube;doteMqP6eSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

There was an element of The Matrix in this, as well, namely, the hovercraft drive system of the pursuit vehicle looks a lot like those of the Nebuchadnezzar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana