Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fett

New in Town
I found this Stetson Chatham at a thrift store for $20 a while back. I haven't had many chances to wear it, but I really like it. I kind of want to get one in the caribou color too.

DM1HTFs.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I found this Stetson Chatham at a thrift store for $20 a while back. I haven't had many chances to wear it, but I really like it. I kind of want to get one in the caribou color too.

DM1HTFs.jpg
I got a Chatham in caribou. It's by far my favorite hat.

znqvy8.jpg
wrm6pw.jpga
A few months ago I set out to find a bowler as my beard grew to Victorian length. I wanted to go easy because I wasn't sure how I would like the way it would look. I ended up with this Dobbs in black and like it a lot. I have worn it to a couple of living history events and have had several nice comments. I would like to add a bowler in a light gray or aluminum color to my collection.

Thanks DD & Moehawk. I really liked the faded stripe on the ribbon & edge binding. It really sets the camel tan off, I think. Being a Golden Coach it is very soft to the touch, almost like cashmere. But it has body to it unlike a crushable.

Moehawk I really like the aluminum color of your long hair.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Cross-posting from the WHAYWT thread. Received this Resistol western at the office on Friday while I was out.

Trying to decide on options for a new band and shape of the crease. Not sure I want to keep the horsehair band or the square telescope crease, but they might grow on me.

Looking good ;)
Can't see the horsehair band.
Are you going to keep it or is just for a costume?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
So what happens to their stuff?
The concept of estate sales does not exist here, there are companies that buy out everything that it's on the house.
But usually things get dumped on the trash or given to charity (mainly clothing), furniture is sold to people that rebuilds/restore them.
House appliances is in good condition usually replace the bad ones of heirs or in trash or donate do people that need them.
Never heard of an auction on someones items because of the death of their owner.

The concept of estate sales does not exist here, there are companies that buy out everything that it's on the house.
But usually things get dumped on the trash or given to charity (mainly clothing), furniture is sold to people that rebuilds/restore them.
House appliances is in good condition usually replace the bad ones of heirs or in trash or donate do people that need them.
Never heard of an auction on someones items because of the death of their owner.

Interesting how that works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points