Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my latest Czech find. There are 20 hats (Brüder Böhm, J.Hückel´s Söhne, TONAK, Janyška) and 4 hat holders (Anton Peschel Neutitschein, Brüder Böhm,, Janyška). All of the hats are NOS open crown and range from the later 1930s to late 1950s. Including a couple rare Brüder Böhm Soft Felt Wool hats and a Brüder Böhm hat holder.

27038263272_be4c00d13b_b.jpg

27038510602_0e00ac6344_b.jpg
Wow! Looking forward to the reviews! Can't wait to see them up close.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I have a hat being currently made for Daniel, by our very own Esther, and I started to contact some of the more frequent posters here on the Lounge to find a worthy hat box for storing the hat. Oh I was willing to buy one, yet something so very wonderful happened, on the the fine Gentlemen right here decided to extend some wonderful love and donated one for the cause, shipped it and it arrived in great condition. Yes, I have to publicly thank that person as they deserve that in every single way. THANK YOU Moon!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I have a hat being currently made for Daniel, by our very own Esther, and I started to contact some of the more frequent posters here on the Lounge to find a worthy hat box for storing the hat. Oh I was willing to buy one, yet something so very wonderful happened, on the the fine Gentlemen right here decided to extend some wonderful love and donated one for the cause, shipped it and it arrived in great condition. Yes, I have to publicly thank that person as they deserve that in every single way. THANK YOU Moon!

my absolute pleasure Cindy
glad it arrived ok
anything I can do for you and Daniel is a pleasure to me
we take care of our own here

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Moon is the Man!!!

EstherWeis

Vendor

Can't wait to see how it will look with the ribbons!
And it's wonderful to see how generous people are here on the lounge!

Steve, I um, I mean, uh...WOW! I get some nice finds now and again, but you make me feel like Charlie Brown ("I got a rock!).
Fruno, Thanks! I was surprised by this one. :)

Wow! I don't know how you will top that, but I have a feeling you eventually will. Congrats!
Bob, I hope so! :)

Wow! Looking forward to the reviews! Can't wait to see them up close.
Thanks! I will post details. I started with the JHS Standard "Loden" (see above).

OMG! (Isn't that what them there young people are saying these days?)
Thanks!

Yes the OMG even is generated from some of us more "Jurassic" crowd, as well! Haha!
Thanks!

buler

I'll Lock Up
Excited to show up to the studio to find this pre Stetson Mallory that I got for an absolute steal.
She will need some cleaning and shaping but overall I'm pleased I guess

c168ad0e4540a145be0cd8b2de36672c.jpg

e55ea02a000a3574aca6807496e0a3e5.jpg

6cc35e0e3e2481f4a4f626faa86eca92.jpg

80817b2913b5ed261da910dc248045bc.jpg

But it showed up like this... What in the world is wrong with people??
... Seriously

100629afe6c970334a5389d97bae1bc4.jpg

ccaeabfab19230e0f0acf0a9cccaeb94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

Moon, interesting hat. The "tombstone" logo on the sweatband is seen in ads from 1929-1935. The liner logo, with Mallory and the h slashing thru the l is seen from 1941-1945. But the ads and other hats I've seen have Mallory Hats (with an s at the and of hat) in the logo. Your hat doesn't have the s. Strange.

B

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, interesting hat. The "tombstone" logo on the sweatband is seen in ads from 1929-1935. The liner logo, with Mallory and the h slashing thru the l is seen from 1941-1945. But the ads and other hats I've seen have Mallory Hats (with an s at the and of hat) in the logo. Your hat doesn't have the s. Strange.

B

wow

thanks for the info buler ... very interesting

if you had to guess where would you date this hat ?

am I correct in assuming pre Stetson ?

I saw the Tombstone and immediately thought late 30s early 40s

would love to hear what you think

Steve, I'm interested in the stitching around the top of the ribbon. Is that to protect the ribbon during shipping (from crushing/wrinkling)? The haberdasher would remove it upon sale of the hat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points