• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. I will be pleased to!! I just wish I could get that beautiful color the heathered felt shows. And yes, it is a wonderful feeling felt. Very well made hat!!!
    Cheers,
    M

mayserwegener likes this.
  2. Fed in a Fedora

Fed in a Fedora Practically Family

Redfokker and Bob Roberts like this.
  3. Chamuco

Chamuco My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow !!! Beautiful !!! Congrats Diego !

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

4. captzak

captzak New in Town

Beautiful hat. I've been looking for something similar...now I know where to start looking. Thanks.

Frunobulax, Bob Roberts and Chamuco like this.
  5. Chamuco

Chamuco My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hurry up, no longer made. del Monico hatters still have in stock

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts likes this.
  6. Late to the party on this one. This is a show stopper Doug! That matching ribbon really works with that color, and that bash! Congrats on such a fantastic find. It was worth the wait.

M Hatman and FedOregon like this.
  7. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

I've been wearing it inside all day! Well, I took it off when I was cooking up some pork tenderloin...

Chamuco and Redfokker like this.
  8. The photographs of this Borsalino arrived me before Christmas from a vendor with whom I've done some business in the past years.
    Two were the Borsalino offered in the deal. A fairly recent and this, it had on the photos a light gray color.
    I bought it to make me a small gift, without much conviction.
    When it arrived I felt better
    [​IMG]
    The color is a fantastic green and the felt finish has a pronounced touch of peach.
    But are not all roses: the sweatband is in poor condition and very dry and hat seemed to come from an arid climate zone
    Everything was very dry and brittle.
    Some steam bath and a little patience and here is the Borsalino from end of the Year.
    More to come in the Borsalino Brotherhood
    Have a nice day from a cold Verona. Four days below zero until - 7 Celsius

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    FedOregon, Chamuco, Rogera and 12 others like this.
  9. The felt and form are fantastic!

FedOregon likes this.
  10. Michael A

Michael A Call Me a Cab

FedOregon, Chamuco, jackm and 12 others like this.
  11. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Agreed,nice find.

FedOregon and M Hatman like this.
  12. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

13. Benzadmiral

Benzadmiral Call Me a Cab

FedOregon, M Hatman and Michael A like this.
  14. Quite an interesting hat. The band is a standout. The brim is not of excessive proportions, I would have it in the rotation as well.

FedOregon, Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  15. Michael A

Michael A Call Me a Cab

I'm not sure on the rarity, though I didn't find many pictures on the web of one like it. It seemed like a shape I would be tolerably happy wearing. I took something of a chance because it's a size smaller than my best size, but it sets my head nicely without any coercion.

I think Gus was a little tougher than I am.

It's 3 1/4" on the front and back and 3" on the sides, but with the pencil curl it comes in at 3" and 2 5/8". I like it's size and I like the braid and leather band too. In excellent condition so I'm happy the deal.

Michael

Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  16. Very nice Gun Club Michael! I had one like that back in the early 80s, although the crown was more of a telescope or gambler style crease. Same color, pencil curl, and band though. Yours looks great creased like that!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FedOregon and Michael A like this.
  17. Michael A

Michael A Call Me a Cab

Thanks. Did you buy yours new in the early 80's? I like the crease it came with, though at the moment I've got a narrow diamond in it. It's fairly agreeable to shaping on the crown. The brim is steam shaping territory. And I think the brim is somewhat distorted at the moment due to shipping in a box that was too small. It seems to be relaxing a bit though and I'll try it for a few wearings before I think about doing anything different. I'll probably wear it tomorrow and maybe even the next day as it sounds like good felt hat weather.

Michael

Zombie_61, M Hatman and dh66 like this.
  18. Indeed I did Michael. I bought it on clearance at a local western store when I was in high school. I remember how stoked I was to have a real Stetson on a teenage burger flipper's wages.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk