• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. I will be pleased to!! I just wish I could get that beautiful color the heathered felt shows. And yes, it is a wonderful feeling felt. Very well made hat!!!
    Cheers,
    M

mayserwegener likes this.
  2. Fed in a Fedora

Fed in a Fedora Practically Family

Redfokker and Bob Roberts like this.
  3. Wow !!! Beautiful !!! Congrats Diego !

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

4. captzak

captzak New in Town

Beautiful hat. I've been looking for something similar...now I know where to start looking. Thanks.

Frunobulax, Bob Roberts and Chamuco like this.
  5. Hurry up, no longer made. del Monico hatters still have in stock

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts likes this.
  6. Late to the party on this one. This is a show stopper Doug! That matching ribbon really works with that color, and that bash! Congrats on such a fantastic find. It was worth the wait.

M Hatman and FedOregon like this.
  7. FedOregon

FedOregon My Mail is Forwarded Here

I've been wearing it inside all day! Well, I took it off when I was cooking up some pork tenderloin...

Chamuco and Redfokker like this.
  8. The photographs of this Borsalino arrived me before Christmas from a vendor with whom I've done some business in the past years.
    Two were the Borsalino offered in the deal. A fairly recent and this, it had on the photos a light gray color.
    I bought it to make me a small gift, without much conviction.
    When it arrived I felt better
    [​IMG]
    The color is a fantastic green and the felt finish has a pronounced touch of peach.
    But are not all roses: the sweatband is in poor condition and very dry and hat seemed to come from an arid climate zone
    Everything was very dry and brittle.
    Some steam bath and a little patience and here is the Borsalino from end of the Year.
    More to come in the Borsalino Brotherhood
    Have a nice day from a cold Verona. Four days below zero until - 7 Celsius

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    FedOregon, Chamuco, Rogera and 12 others like this.
  9. The felt and form are fantastic!

FedOregon likes this.
  10. Michael A

Michael A One Too Many

FedOregon, Chamuco, jackm and 12 others like this.
  11. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Agreed,nice find.

FedOregon and M Hatman like this.
  12. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

13. Benzadmiral

Benzadmiral Call Me a Cab

FedOregon, M Hatman and Michael A like this.
  14. Quite an interesting hat. The band is a standout. The brim is not of excessive proportions, I would have it in the rotation as well.

FedOregon, Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  15. Michael A

Michael A One Too Many

I'm not sure on the rarity, though I didn't find many pictures on the web of one like it. It seemed like a shape I would be tolerably happy wearing. I took something of a chance because it's a size smaller than my best size, but it sets my head nicely without any coercion.

I think Gus was a little tougher than I am.

It's 3 1/4" on the front and back and 3" on the sides, but with the pencil curl it comes in at 3" and 2 5/8". I like it's size and I like the braid and leather band too. In excellent condition so I'm happy the deal.

Michael

Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  16. Very nice Gun Club Michael! I had one like that back in the early 80s, although the crown was more of a telescope or gambler style crease. Same color, pencil curl, and band though. Yours looks great creased like that!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FedOregon and Michael A like this.
  17. Michael A

Michael A One Too Many

Thanks. Did you buy yours new in the early 80's? I like the crease it came with, though at the moment I've got a narrow diamond in it. It's fairly agreeable to shaping on the crown. The brim is steam shaping territory. And I think the brim is somewhat distorted at the moment due to shipping in a box that was too small. It seems to be relaxing a bit though and I'll try it for a few wearings before I think about doing anything different. I'll probably wear it tomorrow and maybe even the next day as it sounds like good felt hat weather.

Michael

Zombie_61, M Hatman and dh66 like this.
  18. Indeed I did Michael. I bought it on clearance at a local western store when I was in high school. I remember how stoked I was to have a real Stetson on a teenage burger flipper's wages.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk