Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
...Dad's state patrol car was a 1973 Dodge Polara. It came with the big 440 CID V-8 and a thermoquad 4bbl carb, dual exhaust, special transmission and torque converter, tough suspension and incredible brakes that never faded, even with fast stops from 110 to 0. The rear 1/3 of the air cleaner canister was designed with a drop down metal door that would open up when you put the pedal to the floor. It wasn't so loud out the exhaust, but the engine just roared under the hood. It had a special AC shut-off switch to use at extended speeds over 85 mph. It still had the spotlight on it, but if you had it adjusted up and facing forward the wind would blow it backwards at about 90 mph. That thing burned through spark plug wires. And somehow it kept wearing out the rear tires... "must have been the sure grip differential, Dad..." Hehehe...
"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas..." :cool:

F that!!!
That's your look bro... no one does it better
...and that crease is killer
I agree 100%! You wear narrow-brimmed hats as well as anyone Dale, and far better than most (myself included). If that hat looks as good on you as I'm picturing in my mind's eye, I'm not so sure I'd relegate it to "dirty work". "Fine" or not, it's a great hat!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Red, I agree, I like the style and the color. The felt likes this current crease quite well. It can be recreased fairly easily, but the crown is a bit shallow for any sorts of deep creases. I'll probably give it a bit of steam and brushing tomorrow, but I'm guessing I'll wear it in this crease for a few more days before I think about changing it.

Michael

Have you every seen a dated example with that style size tag from the early 60's?

Vic, I would trust your judgment over mine. However, I have a Royal of similar style and markings. It differs only in size, color, and my ribbon's a bit wider. When I first posted it here I posited a close to 1960 estimate. Nobody disagreed, so I've stuck to it.

What are your thoughts?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana