Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eelephant

Familiar Face
Recieved the black Adam yesterday, have had the brown Royal Penn for a couple of weeks, so I thought I would post them together. I have been really liking these "egg crown" stingie snap brim porkpies for casual wear. The brown in a real nice short hair finish with a 2 inch brim. It has a 2 inch ribbon and the felt is super soft. I have been wearing it around town this morning.....

The black (Adam) is real differant with a smooth finish felt with actual flecks of red, brown, green, and a sort of grey heathering throughout. It has a 2 1/8 inch brim and a 2 1/4 inch ribbon. It has the earlier style onion skin type tip protector and sewn in liner. Liner has standard logo tip, but additionally the side silk has "Adam" and a small crest imprinted throughout.......

I know many do not like the porkpies, and I never used to......I think mainly because of the people who tend to wear them brim up on the back of their heads etc. But I have found that when worn as a normal fedora they go well with jeans......and I always get a compliment when wearing them.....same as when I wear my "regular" hats (and my trademark bowtie)!

Cheers,
M View attachment 77571 View attachment 77572 View attachment 77573 View attachment 77574 View attachment 77575 View attachment 77576

I'm drooling on myself here! Perhaps a pic of these being worn is possible? Im a huge sucker for the porkpies, but I hear you on the way they are often worn. I do like my brims turned up for sure, but I pull the hat in general pretty much down to my eyebrows. Anyway, great hats!

I'm drooling on myself here! Perhaps a pic of these being worn is possible? Im a huge sucker for the porkpies, but I hear you on the way they are often worn. I do like my brims turned up for sure, but I pull the hat in general pretty much down to my eyebrows. Anyway, great hats!
Thanks, and yes I should try to get a picture wearing these........and for some reason I tend to snap the brims down on my porkpies....I suppose to differentiate from the "others" who wear this style hat...... .though many hats look just fine and in fact are meant to be worn with the brims up......
I also have a couple of really nice early porkpies (a Lee and a Stetson) each with 2 1/2 inch brims that are definitely meant to be worn with the brims down. I wear those two quite often......they are posted here somewhere......
Cheers,
M
Ok....Ok......here is a picture.......

Attachments

• 20170624_095047.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
IMG_571.jpg
IMG_572.jpg
Off to the office I go... Definitely a bit too warm today for felt. I wanted to try my other Hatco Outlet score, the Norwood Panama.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Duplicate pictures. Really?
HAHAHA! Yep that was my bad I was getting ready for work and thought I posted this in the WHAYWT thread :) Really should drink less, lol! I thought about re posting one with me just wearing the hat and nothing else but I figured that would ruffle a few bartender feathers ;)

Second one of the store brand hats is the Baldifino. For the longest time I thought this was just an attempt to cash in on the borsalino name, with a cheaper hat and a similar sounding brand name. Untill someone pointed out that Jos van Dijck used that name for his store branded hats. Odd thing was and is however that this one is a very nicely made hat; high quality. Don't know who the maker was, but I suspect it is in fact of Italian make (Cervo maybe?). Baldifino in mint green (doesn't show very well on the pictures maybe) with raw edge brim at 6,5 cm and crown at 11cm at the pinch. No label of any sort in the hat. Liner states Extra Lusso (extra luxury). Sold this one on because the colour and I never got along (never could understand why someone would choose a mint green hue for a hat). Still a nice little piece of hat history.

View attachment 77547 View attachment 77548 View attachment 77549 View attachment 77550 View attachment 77551 View attachment 77552
Fantastic! They even mimicked the "Antica Casa" logo. :)

I have been slacking on uploads, so hold on to your hats fellas, and let's take a trip down the older side of things
----
c. 1950s(?)
I am unsure to the age of this hat. The crown label reads "JOHN HOWARTH & CO". Hailing from London, the felt of this hat bears a stiffer feel, and only seems to take to a slight front pinch. Jet black felt, with a sun faded black band, this one is an interesting piece

35302035641_40b70b4221_b.jpg

34621865653_ae224e23ba_b.jpg

35302027191_5cf7440d23_b.jpg

34621855963_63f562648f_b.jpg

35302022581_b103ed5752_b.jpg

34621849983_e3fed4e230_b.jpg

34621844493_e97aa1054f_b.jpg

35302017331_4865a33948_b.jpg

34621842773_e6eb1d8e54_b.jpg
Justin, I just saw this one. I think the key to the hat company is on the paper size tag. I think it's probably M.M.C. so I will check if I can find anything.

I bought a Churchill beaver felt hat back in mid May. A couple of days back, after being missing in transit for about 1 month, it arrived. I prefer a larger brim but the felt feels lovely and it looks virtually unworn.

249f7f3c195be39b5b26ec2658941635.jpg

1916260aa47b9925c19c1fb403aee787.jpg
c9e1a1cb69fe84a4267b8726f874d3d8.jpg
7efbb5d7bc5c23df385cfeb29def196b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the quality of my Churchill Lord's hat, this one looks really nice too. What crease ideas do you have. Stingy brims need love too.

Thanks, and yes I should try to get a picture wearing these........and for some reason I tend to snap the brims down on my porkpies....I suppose to differentiate from the "others" who wear this style hat...... .though many hats look just fine and in fact are meant to be worn with the brims up......
I also have a couple of really nice early porkpies (a Lee and a Stetson) each with 2 1/2 inch brims that are definitely meant to be worn with the brims down. I wear those two quite often......they are posted here somewhere......
Cheers,
M
Ok....Ok......here is a picture.......
That is a classic look, I like it. Brim up or down this is a great looking porkie.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui