Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This Royal Stetson came in today. I'll get better pics tomorrow when it cools down a little. Sellers often claim a hat is perfect, excellent, mint, never worn, etc. I believe the seller on this one, which was listed as being wool felt. The Royal Stetson designation precludes that possibility and the felt is indeed very nice, thin, and molds like buttery velvet.

Ribbon is unique to my experience, as is the raw brim on a RS. VERY DARK brown felt, like espresso or 80% cacao dark chocolate.

Very happy with this one. It came with a simple center crease and no dents. After trying a teardrop, c-crease and diamond, I put it back as a center crease but added some front/side dents. Excellent.

i-35nZMvQ-M.jpg
i-JkKDzmw-M.jpg
i-PsZvVnt-M.jpg
i-ZT7VSbb-M.jpg
i-pVWh6VC-M.jpg
i-Z7skRCp-M.jpg
i-b3jzxKT-M.jpg

I am in love with this hat! The special ribbon with a back bow is a real find. Hard to do a selfie of the back of your hat, but try. I'm wanting to see this one in captivity.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

RJR

Stopped by my favorite thrift while I was on my grocery shopping outing and found this Stetson,
IMG_6303 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
3X with feather boa.
IMG_6300 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6298 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2 3/4" front and back brim, 3" side brim, 5 1/4 or so open crown
IMG_6294 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6293 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I figured it might be fun to play around with for the $3 investment.

Happy trails,
Michael
Nice catch,Michael.You can hardly go wrong for $3!

Stopped by my favorite thrift while I was on my grocery shopping outing and found this Stetson,
IMG_6303 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
3X with feather boa.
IMG_6300 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6298 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2 3/4" front and back brim, 3" side brim, 5 1/4 or so open crown
IMG_6294 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6293 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I figured it might be fun to play around with for the $3 investment.

Happy trails,
Michael
It does have character!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice catch,Michael.You can hardly go wrong for $3!
Thanks Robert. I figured the money was right for this one, and I think that might be my favorite feather band so far. Which means it lasted on the hat long enough for me to take photos of it. Now I have my musical chairs horsehair braid on it
IMG_6314 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6311 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
You may notice a few remnant dark spots on the felt. The hat has already proved it's worth by keeping my head dry when I was walking home from the neighbors during a pop up shower. I think I'll keep it like this for a few wearings.

It does have character!
I'm kind of liking it's character at the moment. But with these dimensions it's a short step away from being a convert too. Nice soft felt for a western hat.

Thanks,
Michael

The 1950s vintage Stetson St Regis has arrived. Overall I am fairly pleased. I need to replace the wind trolley and sadly there is a small moth hole all the way through the hat right on the edge of the ribbon. My first attempt at wearing one and just had to put the pinches in her, lol! View attachment 81762 View attachment 81763
You look good in a formal homburg, I'm sure you have the fine suit to go with it! My clone of this hat should be here tomorrow, I imagine it will look identical. The gray color will be a great daily driver homburg, kind of a 40s banker/big wig look. What lies under the sweat? Be gentle, the stitching and leather may be fragile. A nice application of Lexol will be your friend. I prefer a auto detailing brand called Griots Garage 3 in 1 Leather Care. It has good protection but also excellent cleaning properties (sweat...), I get it from Auto Zone, but it is on Amazon too.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
You look good in a formal homburg, I'm sure you have the fine suit to go with it! My clone of this hat should be here tomorrow, I imagine it will look identical. The gray color will be a great daily driver homburg, kind of a 40s banker/big wig look. What lies under the sweat? Be gentle, the stitching and leather may be fragile. A nice application of Lexol will be your friend. I prefer a auto detailing brand called Griots Garage 3 in 1 Leather Care. It has good protection but also excellent cleaning properties (sweat...), I get it from Auto Zone, but it is on Amazon too.
Thank you for the compliments Mike! I'm excited to see yours when it arrives. I love the lines on the St Regis. I will snag that from Auto Zone tomorrow on the way home from work! I appreciate the tip greatly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21