Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Need a hand. I just picked up two nice hats. A 100% pure beaver Beaver brand and a Bailey Beaver "Fifty" . Want to post pics but tapatalk won't download to my machine. Been trying for a couple of days. Can you suggest an alternate way to get pics up here?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Tapatalk won't download to my machine." I post my photos directly from the Tapatalk app on my phone without going through any "machine."

Kiowa Bill

One of the Regulars
OK. Thanks. It worked, I think. Thanks Bob. 1230170951-1.jpg a Beaver brand "100 percent pure beaver fur". Off eBay for $39.
1230170951-1.jpg
1230170950.jpg
1230170951-1.jpg
1230170950.jpg
1230170955.jpg

Thanks. If you find something that works for you I love to hear it. :)

Haven't tried it yet, but I picked up this "Christmas Lights" storage container that has a curved base that I think will keep some of the "silt" out of the way of the hat. The dimensions are better for keeping the hat's shape as well. I figured it would take more fuel to use, so I stocked up (at half the price of Coleman fuel).

Hat_Cleaning_1.jpg

Hat_Cleaning_2.jpg

Hat_Cleaning_3.jpg

This one was part of friday's haul, but not a Borsalino. Wouldn't know which Stetson thread to put this in, so here it is. Don't know why I bought this but it was unrecognizable when I found it. It looked like it had been run over by a truck, but I liked the colour. After brushing and steaming this came out. Royal Stetson made under license in Germany especially for Hut Zeumer. These licensed Stetson hats are not all that common. I have a few from England (different licensee) but this one is my first German one. Size 57 with an overwelt brim at 5,5cm and porkpie like crown at 10 cm. Backbow ribbon. The hat has Trachten influences like the back bow and the way it's shaped. Interesting piece, but not my style. Don't really know what to do with it.

View attachment 102252 View attachment 102253 View attachment 102254 View attachment 102255 View attachment 102256 View attachment 102257 View attachment 102260 View attachment 102262 View attachment 102263 View attachment 102264
Stefan, Nice find! This hat was made by Mayser under license and a later one (my guess mid 1970s or 1980s). I can't remember when Mayser stopped making Stetson hats but they acquired the license in 1954.

Here is a Mayser Stetson date stamped 1958.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3-mayser-hutfabrik/#entry189

Here is a later Mayser Stetson.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3-mayser-hutfabrik/page-2#entry349

Last edited:
Stefan, Nice find! This hat was made by Mayser under license and a later one (my guess mid 1970s or 1980s). I can't remember when Mayser stopped making Stetson hats but they acquired the license in 1954.

Here is a Mayser Stetson date stamped 1958.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3-mayser-hutfabrik/#entry189

Here is a later Mayser Stetson.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3-mayser-hutfabrik/page-2#entry349
Steve, thanks. It was the first German made Stetson I've encountered. The colour somehow says seventies to me. I think I found a good home for it.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Haven't tried it yet, but I picked up this "Christmas Lights" storage container that has a curved base that I think will keep some of the "silt" out of the way of the hat. The dimensions are better for keeping the hat's shape as well. I figured it would take more fuel to use, so I stocked up (at half the price of Coleman fuel).

View attachment 102435

View attachment 102436

View attachment 102437
Looks like it would work fine. I'm curious to know how much fuel yo will need.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 102435

View attachment 102436

View attachment 102437

Greeting All: Hey Bob, that Sterilite will work great. Just don’t leave the fuel in it for days. I’ve used them without problems but wondered about the reaction of their plastic type with fuel. Worried about the plastic going aquaeous and then drying on my hats. I had 18-24 hrs without trouble. Just a thought.
Be well. Bowen

Greeting All: Hey Bob, that Sterilite will work great. Just don’t leave the fuel in it for days. I’ve used them without problems but wondered about the reaction of their plastic type with fuel. Worried about the plastic going aquaeous and then drying on my hats. I had 18-24 hrs without trouble. Just a thought.
Be well. Bowen

Thanks Bowen. I don't usually leave the hats in very long and return the (filtered) fuel back to the can.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys. It's outside, along with a Bailey "Beaver Fifty" I also got off eBay, for $27.50. Hosed them off in the sink and letting them dry in the fresh air. Hope I did OK on the prices, I think I did but I've been wrong before.
I like the prices you paid. Whenever you get a hat you like for a price you like, you did well. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk