Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
More in the Wormser thread

aa2222275192746b1d7cfa8583600f67.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Very cool Stefan. Love the color of the liner logo. Different from the USA Stetson logos.
Beautiful black Homburg. Very interesting brand name. The old style typewritten mfg tag is cool. It has some age for sure.
Mike, thank you. It was the felt quality of the Stetson that won me over bringing it along. The age and the liner on the black homburg earned it a place in the collection. Different hats, different reasons. It could have been on of those ten-hat days actually, but I restrained myself this time (which probably means I'll go back soon).

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
ndq1hj.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore. Size 7 or 7 5/8 in US
2w3743c.jpg

Color Rutenio with matching ribbon in the same felt width 1.5 cm
axcf3b.jpg

The shape of this hat is "Cocisca" is more massive than other I have in my collection, sold in the Italian market during those years
nlpjq0.jpg

The brim, oversewn and finished with three seams are 7 cm. and the low point crown is 11.5 centimeters
2eocwvo.jpg

Made probably in the 1950s for Bellina Pietro - Vicenza hats shop, now closed.
It is without lining only with a tip very well finished.
2v362x4.jpg

Classic Borsalino golden sweatband stamps classified the hats as "Impermeabile" (Waterproof)
214trp2.jpg

Felt is soft and very malleable

This grey/beige Borsalino "Rutenio" is too wide for my head, so if you have the right size to wear it let me know with a PM

Well, when I was out and about last week I bought this custom lid Churchill hat box.....inside was this nice litte, and I do mean little (6 3/4) LaSalle Hats, hat that intrigued my wife.......she MAY actually wear it!!
Cannot find out much about them, though looking at the "Kasmir Finish" and "Felted by Master Craftsmen" shows it either morphed into Champ Hats or was owned by or owned Champ Hats....
Hat has the remnants of the wind cord ................
M
20180212_160810.jpg
20180212_160818.jpg
20180212_160839.jpg
20180212_160856.jpg
20180212_160911.jpg
20180212_161009.jpg
20180212_161019.jpg

Last edited:

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Well, when I was out and about last week I bought this custom lid Churchill hat box.....inside was this nice litte, and I do mean little (6 3/4) LaSalle Hats, hat that intrigued my wife.......she MAY actually wear it!!
Cannot find out much about them, though looking at the "Kasmir Finish" and "Felted by Master Craftsmen" shows it either morphed into Champ Hats or was owned by or owned Champ Hats....
M
View attachment 106368 View attachment 106356 View attachment 106357 View attachment 106358 View attachment 106359 View attachment 106360 View attachment 106361
Hey I know that hat! It was for sale at an antique shop I frequent!
I considered buying it every time I was in there! What a small world.

Hey I know that hat! It was for sale at an antique shop I frequent!
I considered buying it every time I was in there! What a small world.
Yesssssssss, too funny......and Yes again....it is a small world....
Hey, what size do you wear? I keep an eye our for you.....
Mine is listed in my signature.....
Best,
M

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
M
View attachment 106368 View attachment 106356 View attachment 106357 View attachment 106358 View attachment 106359 View attachment 106360 View attachment 106361
Greetings All:
Looks the twin to a Marathon i just saw.
Be well. Bowen

ndq1hj.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore. Size 7 or 7 5/8 in US
2w3743c.jpg

Color Rutenio with matching ribbon in the same felt width 1.5 cm
axcf3b.jpg

The shape of this hat is "Cocisca" is more massive than other I have in my collection, sold in the Italian market during those years
nlpjq0.jpg

The brim, oversewn and finished with three seams are 7 cm. and the low point crown is 11.5 centimeters
2eocwvo.jpg

Made probably in the 1950s for Bellina Pietro - Vicenza hats shop, now closed.
It is without lining only with a tip very well finished.
2v362x4.jpg

Classic Borsalino golden sweatband stamps classified the hats as "Impermeabile" (Waterproof)
214trp2.jpg

Felt is soft and very malleable

This grey/beige Borsalino "Rutenio" is too wide for my head, so if you have the right size to wear it let me know with a PM
Very cool Daniele! Love that brim treatment. Wish it fit me.

M
It is a bonus when the wife actually claims one of your finds. Kind of Whippet looking, cool.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
M
Hey M Hatman et al:
I keep coming back to this hat!! I really really like it. Wonderful colors. Archive photo.
It reminds me of one FedOregon(miss him and Bob) had that you just had to keep coming back to. Do we know much about La Salle Hats? Idk. It would be interesting to know more of their history. Enjoy your hat!!
Be well. Bowen

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Hey M Hatman et al:
I keep coming back to this hat!! I really really like it. Wonderful colors. Archive photo.
It reminds me of one FedOregon(miss him and Bob) had that you just had to keep coming back to. Do we know much about La Salle Hats? Idk. It would be interesting to know more of their history. Enjoy your hat!!
Be well. Bowen
What ever happened to Doug? (Fedoregon.) I've been missing both him and Bob too.

Hey M Hatman et al:
Be well. Bowen
Well, it is a cool hat. Very little about La Salle hats here on the Lounge. Someone posted they were bought in the 40s by Champ. Not sure how accurate that is other than there IS an obvious connection based on the sweat markings alone.
IF my wife changes her mind, (and women do that) I will let you know. It sure will not fit me. I have a similar really cool Brent hat in that size as well (maybe 6 7/8). The Brent is especially awesome as it has a two color ribbon.....
M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk