Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nathaniel Finley

A-List Customer
I really like that hat, and I think the color and the dimensions/proportions suit you very well; maybe better than any other hat I've seen you in so far. If it were mine I'd probably give it a good brushing and otherwise make sure it was clean enough to wear, but wouldn't worry about it's "dirtied up" appearance. First, because I like hats with that kind of character and would want to preserve it's history as much as possible. Second, because if it's already "dirtied up" I wouldn't be concerned if it got at least a little dirtier. ;)

As for your button/cord questions, almost anyone here is better qualified to answer them than I am but I haven't had good luck with them myself. The cord on my first Campdraft detached itself from the hat the first time I gave it a good tug just to see how reliable it might be, and the cord on my second Campdraft broke (right where it was wound around the button) after a short period of time. Both hats were purchased new, so I've concluded Akubra puts them on for appearances rather than functionality and I'm pleased I didn't wait until my hats might be at risk before putting them to the test.

I’m glad you like the hat Zombie, it is definitely my work hat now. I’m enjoying wearing it to CDL school in the day and then wearing the white Stetson 3X in the evening. And I also really like the dimesnions/proportions in me, so much so I’m on the lookout for another Mallory Dallas that might be a bit dressier (i.e., cleaner).

Considering this was a Mallory Twenty I don’t reckon the wind cord was meant to be aesthetic like on the Akubras, though I could be wrong. It certainly works now - I’ve been using it all day in 20-25 mph winds!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
There is more of this wrll-loved Tirard Frères "ELF" bowler in the French Hats and Makers Makers thread.

5945442c73fb197930f431d9fd96e1c7.jpg
8172c402b396a1c0940b796153579254.jpg
889f694fe13de1d11b696d0ff1074d5e.jpg