• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jchosko, Jun 6, 2010.

1. i'm on the hunt for that jacket in dark blue or even black ; )
    really nice jackets turning up all over the forum

Monitor likes this.
  2. IXL

IXL One Too Many

Monitor likes this.
  3. IXL

IXL One Too Many

Double Oh, BABY!!!!!

Monitor likes this.
  4. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Thebuzzard, JMax, Furrowson and 4 others like this.
  5. mr_lits

mr_lits One of the Regulars

Here are a couple of photos of my GW J100. I have several years of wear into this one and has become one of my go to jackets for general wear and for motorcycle. It absolutely fits like second skin and is taking some great creases.
    DSC01607.JPG DSC01608.JPG
    DSC01609.JPG

6. ton312

ton312 My Mail is Forwarded Here

7. Gorgeous jacket Mr. L!!!

mr_lits likes this.
  8. mr_lits

mr_lits One of the Regulars

Thanks! It just keeps getting better the more I beat on it.

Monitor likes this.
  9. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Yep. I can't think of any repos that are better than an original. I like a couple of modern Schotts but most modern cafe racers don't really have the magic. I think in some cases the repros are just too well made. It's like when a classically trained singer tries to perform pop or blues. The voice is too trained and modulated to work properly in that idiom.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 7:05 AM
    El Marro and technovox like this.
  10. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

Yes, I totally agree about the jackets, and that is a great analogy about singers. But, also, some of the charm of the old originals is that they acquired a bit of character because they had a life... they were worn and lived in.

Every rule has its exceptions... if you close your eyes and just listen to the music, without watching the video, Pavarotti nails this duet with George Michael, singing an Elton John song. If you watch the video, you can get distracted because George moves and grooves with the music, he's cool, he feels the music. Pavarotti, on the other hand, looks like a stationary boulder with a mouth. The first time I watched it, I thought Pavarotti was a perfect example of you analogy and couldn't keep up with George, but then I happened to listen to it, later, with my eyes closed, and thought he blew George off the stage:

Thebuzzard likes this.
  11. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

That's a righteous jacket, man. Love it. Inspiring. Instead of going from one jacket to the next, it'd be best I take that Schott out of the closet now that it's not so cold anymore... Won't ever get there by itself.

mr_lits and ai00344 like this.
  12. Furrowson

Furrowson One of the Regulars

13. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yep, they rarely appear outside the States but there are couple of sellers that always seem to have a few good CR's. Like the Penny-Bizzare and few others.

Furrowson likes this.
  14. Gamma68

Gamma68 One of the Regulars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A new acquisition. Unfortunately, the sleeves are just long for me. Probably perfect for someone else. This will be listed with full details in the classifieds shortly.

15. pak

pak One of the Regulars

I'll give George kudos for having the 'nads to sing next to Pavarotti because he sounds anemic next to Pavarotti. However, George is much more of an entertainer.

BobJ likes this.
  16. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I had one of those Lescos. The leather, while interesting, was notable in its color, but nothing too special leather-wise. I think the pics are better than the jacket in person. Says the grinch.

17. Furrowson

God it needn't be a CR, I just want a brown vintage Lesco!

18. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

19. Furrowson

20. technovox

technovox Practically Family

Same here- I owned a new old stock Lesco cafe racer for a while. it was well built, but nothing really special as far as the leather. Maybe it was just too new. Ended up selling it on Craigslist for $150.
    LescoMain copy.jpg