Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pics of Your Cafe Racer Jackets

Anybody have info for this Hein Gericke jacket that I just purchased.

One hole on the collar and missing the button in lining.

All ykk zip pulls in place.

Thanks in Advance.

Pete

Lol no info, they've made approximately one million styles. But this is a very cool jacket! Love it!

Crayfish

New in Town
Hein Gericke Label pic

Attachments

• 4C80094C-1CD8-4963-97A8-16D866EB6F7B.jpeg
    4C80094C-1CD8-4963-97A8-16D866EB6F7B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
I could let it rot away in the second hand shop...so I took her home

Good thing you did and I would've too. Probably the finest leather jacket I have right now and one that I'm wearing most is Hein Gericke so you did good. Some of their designs are often over the top and sometimes downright questionable but a good Hein Gericke is as good as anything on the market. Or better. And even the nasty ones are really well made.

This is my HG.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Crayfish

New in Town
Good thing you did and I would've too. Probably the finest leather jacket I have right now and one that I'm wearing most is Hein Gericke so you did good. Some of their designs are often over the top and sometimes downright questionable but a good Hein Gericke is as good as anything on the market. Or better. And even the nasty ones are really well made.

This is my HG.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I love the patina on your jacket. New and clean look great...but dirty and worn is sexy! At least for leather jackets.

Crayfish

New in Town

This is my HG.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I really need to find a snap in liner for my jacket ... any ideas where I can buy one?

Anybody have info for this Hein Gericke jacket that I just purchased.

One hole on the collar and missing the button in lining.

All ykk zip pulls in place.

Thanks in Advance.

Pete

If I remember correctly this may be the same HG MC jacket that I had in the mid '80s that I wrote about on another thread. I got it soaked during a long ride on the bike and then the sun came out and baked it for about a hundred miles or so making it shrink. The only MC jacket that I have owned that shrunk up so much that I had to sell it. I'd be kind of careful with it out in the weather.
HD

Crayfish

New in Town
If I remember correctly this may be the same HG MC jacket that I had in the mid '80s that I wrote about on another thread. I got it soaked during a long ride on the bike and then the sun came out and baked it for about a hundred miles or so making it shrink. The only MC jacket that I have owned that shrunk up so much that I had to sell it. I'd be kind of careful with it out in the weather.
HD

That might be a great idea to get the jacket tomorrow fit me. As is, it’s a bit large on me

Crayfish

New in Town
Did some leatherwork to patch up the hole in the collar. Thin piece of leather shoved into the hole and then apply glue carefully (or in my case glue like a kindergartener) and then hammer flat to secure the frayed edges of the hole.

Pic of the hole

Attachments

• E403D16F-F929-46EE-A199-E373959C0D1B.jpeg
    E403D16F-F929-46EE-A199-E373959C0D1B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 196

Crayfish

New in Town
Pic of the patch Work... let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• D6430A56-7843-4487-B23C-98A2267054D3.jpeg
    D6430A56-7843-4487-B23C-98A2267054D3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
Brooks Cafe Racer in suede. Yet to see a Brooks like this. Recently saw a Couple of other Brooks I had not seen. One was a pullover the over was a standard cafe racer in two tone. Very nice condition. It was black and white.

This one did not cost much, Has some damage

Bit too big for me. This is marked a size 46 and fits as one.

View attachment 109909 View attachment 109911 View attachment 109912 View attachment 109913 View attachment 109914 View attachment 109915 View attachment 109916

That looks cool Terry! I've seen one like it long ago on Dave Himel's eBay page. Very nice! That might fit me quite well;)

Gamma68

One Too Many
Just brought this one home today, fresh from the thrift store. Real cheap.

The leather is quite supple except for maybe the collar. The zippers and pocket bags are all fine. This jacket certainly isn't perfect, but I'd call the wear "honest." There's a little color fading, a couple inches of stitching separation under the right sleeve, some inner lining tears at the armpits, lots of general scuffs and scrapes, and some odd spotting on the back. Makes me wonder if someone did a lot of riding in this one.

The best part is the spot-on fit (it's just a little snug, but I'm wearing a flannel shirt under it just for these photos). Tagged size 40.

Any ideas on when it was made? I don't know much about Lesco.

What do you guys think of this one? Does it show too much "patina"? I might try some Lexol on the spots but I don't think they're coming out.

Lesco_1.JPG

Lesco_2.JPG

Lesco_3.JPG

Lesco_4.JPG

Lesco_5.JPG

Lesco_6.JPG

Lesco_7.JPG

Lesco_8.JPG

Lesco_9.JPG

Lesco_010.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads