Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of your jacket collection

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Yes, Ralph.
Correction: it's not the j-24L, but the regular RMC J-24. I made a detachable collar (wich RMC don't provide with the J-24)

Last edited:

Ralph Chen

Familiar Face
Yes, Ralph.
Correction: it's not the j-24L, but the regular RMC J-24. I made a detachable collar (wich RMC don't provide with the J-24)
@Mysteryo smart choice, I prefer diamond pulled zipper . ehh u made? Or where can I order it from? I was thinking about getting a black collar like this season.
@4444Design the n-1 is slightly bigger. I wear size 38 on n-1 but Size 40 on j-100

Catmandrew

New in Town
Newb here. At first My jaw just dropped at the insane collections and then I thought, "Well, I have some jackets too!" Nothing much as nice as some of what I have seen here, but most of my collection is from thrift stores and I don't have more than $50 in any of them, mostly in the $20 and under range. so, not bad for less than a couple hundred clams!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Newb here. At first My jaw just dropped at the insane collections and then I thought, "Well, I have some jackets too!" Nothing much as nice as some of what I have seen here, but most of my collection is from thrift stores and I don't have more than $50 in any of them, mostly in the $20 and under range. so, not bad for less than a couple hundred clams!

Nothing wrong with that - my favorite leather jacket cost me $20 from a thrift shop.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Here's mine, but it seems like a revolving door sometimes:

The Originals:
Original Perry #1
Original Perry #2
Original Spiewak
Original Rough Wear (shell only)

The Repros:
GW Rough Wear 1401-P
GW Werber 1402-P
GW "No Name" Knopf
GW United Sheeplined
Diamond Dave Cable
Lost Worlds Dubow

The Orphans and Miscellaneous:
Avirex MacArthur Horsehide A-2
L.L. Bean A-2 from the late 1980s
Unknown/Untagged heavy Goatskin A-2 (perhaps a recuffed LW Dubow?)
U.S. Authentic A-2
Untagged 7823-D G-1

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Anybody has any suggestion on how to speed up the Vanson competition weight break in process?
I took mine to a laundromat and ran it in the dryer set to lowest heat setting for a couple hours. It helped ... some ... but they're pretty tough. I'm afraid it takes a couple of years of frequent wear.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments. A lot of times it is the story of the acquisition of the jacket or the previous owners that is the real interesting part...like the Rough Wear shell I literally bought off the back of a grunge rocker walking out of the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle in 1991 or 1992, or the Spiewak owned by a guy who was a flight surgeon in WWII and later became a world renown thoracic surgeon.

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I agree. Each time I purshase a vintage jacket, I try to find the story behind -small stories most of the time- that's what makes it unique

Fonzie

One Too Many
d14f654a394592d24b99cba7909033c5.jpg

My humble collection:

Real McCoys A2 no.30-1415 Russet HH.

Aero Oil Pull brown M-422a (newest purchase and first Aero for me! Stoked!).

Schott 654 cafe racer black cherry.

Avirex vintage A2 distressed brown.

Imperial Leathers original G-1 seal brown goatskin.

Spanish brand Perfecto style heavy cowhide, bought as a teenager, still fits!

Cafe racer/surf style Quiksilver, awesome jacket, tiny bit big for me though, distressed blue goatskin.

Black soft lamb skin Spanish designer A2 inspired.

So there it goes, a bit eclectic. Still fine tuning it!

78735ce655efda2c87a602e151fa1544.jpg
d025b140c3680ed9ecd2736b7dad70da.jpg
10f06cd29cbf360eb9c551747f122af9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Unbelievable collections there! tmitchell59 you have more leathers that most all of Illinois combined has! I'll get my small collection posted up soon, I have sold off several in the past two years, and would like to pick up a few vintage HH brown jackets at some point.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So here we go with my small collection. Up first is a simple St John's Bay that was from a resale shop. Gotta love a $20 jacket for the rainy days:
DSC_0007.JPG
Then an Aero Half-belt of unknown varity, it's size 46, found on ebay and isnt' fitting me, so it's for sale:
IMG_3418.JPG
Then a Aero 4 pocket Cafe Racer, size 42 that has quickly become a favorite:
Cafe Racer 010816.jpg
Next up is a Harley Davidson Basic Skins "Perfecto" style motorcycle jacket. Almost 15 years old and one of thier last made in USA:
HD Jacket 010816.jpg
Next up is a Gibson & Barnes Perfecto style motorcycle jacket called the Coronado. It's the heaviest jacket I own at around 10 lbs:
Coronado_010816.jpg
Last up is my newest (and overall favorite) jacket; a 1930's Aero Half-belt in Steerhide. Breaking this in has been a pleasure.
DSC_0008.JPG
I am thankful and very humbled to be able to own any quality leather jackets. By sharing these, I hope I do not bring about a spirit of undue pride, I just would like to share some joy and inspire folks. Thanks for looking -- Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points