Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre- 1940s Stetson dress hats.

Royal Stetson Panama, mid to late 1930s. The sweatband bow is missing, otherwise in pristine (unworn) condition. Quality in the 400 crossings/sq inch class. 4 1/2" crown height, 2 3/8" brim, 5/8" ribbon. Deep copper foil imprint for the retailer only (no Stetson imprint)... any guesses on the translation of the pictogram? "A ______ can buy as cheap as a _______? There is a wide oil cloth vapor barrier behind the 2 1/8" sweatband. No labels or tags found. Thanks to the sharp-eyed early riser who alerted me to this tasty morsel.

royalpanama1.jpg

royalpanama1a.jpg

royalpanama2.jpg

royalpanama3.jpg

royalpanama4.jpg

royalpanama5.jpg

royalpanama7.jpg

royalpanama6.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Royal Stetson Panama, mid to late 1930s. The sweatband bow is missing, otherwise in pristine (unworn) condition. Quality in the 400 crossings/sq inch class. 4 1/2" crown height, 2 3/8" brim, 5/8" ribbon. Deep copper foil imprint for the retailer only (no Stetson imprint)... any guesses on the translation of the pictogram? "A ______ can buy as cheap as a _______? There is a wide oil cloth vapor barrier behind the 2 1/8" sweatband. No labels or tags found. Thanks to the sharp-eyed early riser who alerted me to this tasty morsel.

royalpanama1.jpg

royalpanama1a.jpg

royalpanama2.jpg

royalpanama3.jpg

royalpanama4.jpg

royalpanama5.jpg

royalpanama7.jpg

royalpanama6.jpg
Oh my! That Alan is one of your best looking non felt hats! You are so lucky for that one. Looking at the pictures sure makes it easy to see how fantastic the hat's condition is in. That one would cost a serious arm and a leg if you ordered something that nice from Brent Black, and even then it would not be a real super nice vintage Stetson. Perfection!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Expo velour. Upbrim flange with overwelt. Paris Expo 1900 liner. Sweatband is in amazing, like new, condition. Lot number 5383 (or 5333). From Alan's neck of the woods.

B

View attachment 59379 View attachment 59380 View attachment 59381 View attachment 59382 View attachment 59383 View attachment 59384 View attachment 59385 View attachment 59386

Bill, that Expo is gorgeous. Beautiful color and finish. It also has the early 3 section reorder tag which leads me to believe that this 1900 Expo probably dates to somewhere around 1900-ish. Every hat I have seen with that 3 section reorder tag has been very early 1900's. I believe its the missing link between the earliest tag we have seen:

and the most common Stetson reorder tag:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points